Xiaomi introduced the Mi 6X at an event held in China in April this year. The global variant of the handset, expected to debut as the Mi A2, will succeed the Mi A1 as the company’s flagship Android One offering for the Indian market. In this post, we will be taking a look at five of the smartphone’s most impressive features that make it one of the most impressive budget Android devices announced so far this year.
Mi A2 (Mi 6X): 5 Best Features
- The first noteworthy feature of the Xiaomi Mi A2 (Mi 6X) is the impressive dual-camera setup on the back. While the Redmi Note 5 Pro is equipped with a 12MP + 5MP dual-lens setup, the Mi A2 (Mi 6X) features a more impressive 12MP + 20MP dual-cameras at the rear. The dual-lens setup uses AI to detect up to 12 different scenes to help users capture fantastic-looking images. Both the primary Sony IMX486 12-megapixel sensor and secondary 20-megapixel Sony IMX376 sensor are paired with f/1.75 aperture lenses. In terms of video as well, the Mi A2 (Mi 6X) holds an edge over the Redmi Note 5 Pro with 4K video capture at 30fps.
- The second key feature of the Mi A2 (Mi 6X) is the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor under the hood. Compared to the Snapdragon 625 chipset powering the Mi A1 (Mi 5X), the Snapdragon 660 is a major upgrade in terms of both CPU and graphics performance. It offers an impressive improvement in performance even when compared to the Snapdragon 636 chip powering the Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- The third key feature of the Mi A2 (Mi 6X) is the 20-megapixel selfie camera on the front. Similar to the Redmi Note 5 Pro, the Mi A2 (Mi 6X) uses a 20MP Sony IMX376 sensor on the front paired with a f/2.0 aperture. It comes with AI Smart Beauty 4.0, AI Scene recognition, and AI background blur to let users capture selfies with an impressive bokeh effect. Real-time Make-up is also on offer, which means you can apply the beautification algorithm to make you look better even when you are on a video call. A 4500K Soft LED light is present as well to help capture selfies in low-light.
- Now let’s come to the fourth standout feature of the Mi A2 (Mi 6X), the 5.99-inch 18:9 aspect ratio display. Similar to the Redmi Note 5 Pro, the Mi A2 (Mi 6X) display offers 1080 x 2160 Full HD+ resolution with a pixel density of 403 pixels per inch and 1500:1 static contrast ratio. The display also offers various modes such as Night Mode, Eye Mode, Standard mode, and color temperature adjustment support.
- The fifth key “feature” of the Mi A2 (Mi 6X) is its software. Unlike other Xiaomi smartphones, the Mi 6X has been launched with the latest Android 8.1 operating system out of the box. While the Mi 6X ships with the company’s MIUI 9.5 custom skin on top, the Mi A2 will ship with stock Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. Being an Android One smartphone, the Mi A2 will receive regular security updates and should get at least 2 major OS upgrades.
Mi A2 (Mi 6X): Other Key Specifications
The Mi 6X is available in three memory configurations in China – 4GB RAM + 32GB storage. 6GB RAM + 64GB storage, and 6GB RAM + 128GB storage. In terms of connectivity, the Mi A2 (Mi 6X) supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/n/ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou., USB Type-C, 4G VoLTE and an IR blaster. Keeping the lights on is a 3010mAh capacity non-removable battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 compatibility. In terms of dimensions, the handset measures 158.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm and weighs in at 168 grams.
Mi A2 (Mi 6X): India Launch Date
Xiaomi is yet to confirm anything officially with regards to the possible release timeframe for the Mi A2 in the Indian market. However, references to the Mi A2 were found on the Mi India website a few weeks back, so there is a good chance that the Mi A2 will be launched in the country sometime in the coming weeks. The Mi A1 was launched in India in September last year, a little over a month after the Mi 5X went official in China. If Xiaomi sticks to the same gap between the Mi 6X’s official unveiling and the Mi A2’s India launch, we can expect the Mi A2 to go on sale in India by mid-June.
Mi A2 (Mi 6X): Expected Price in India
In terms of pricing, the Mi A2 is likely to carry a slight premium over the Redmi Note 5 Pro in the Indian market. In China, the Mi 6X has been priced at 1,599 yuan (Rs.16,800 approx.) for the 4GB RAM variant with 64GB of onboard storage, while the 6GB RAM variant with 64GB of onboard storage is priced at 1,799 yuan (Rs.18,900 approx.). We expect Xiaomi to price the 4GB RAM variant of the Mi A2 at Rs.14,999, while the 6GB RAM variant is likely to be priced at Rs.17,999.