Vivo has finally launched the much waited Vivo X21 smartphone in India. This is the first smartphone to be available in India that comes with the in-display fingerprint scanner. To unlock the device, you will have to place your finger on the display, which is quite game-changing. The phone has some other nice features as well, and we shall talk about some of the main ones in this post. Vivo X21 is available to buy the phone via Flipkart. Pricing and other details have also been revealed.
Vivo X21: 5 Best Features
Well, as we already mentioned earlier, the biggest new feature of the Vivo X21 is the in-display fingerprint scanner. Apart from that, there are a few others as well. And for the price, this is a very good phone to buy.
- In-display Fingerprint scanner – The Vivo X21 is the first of its kind in India. The fingerprint scanner is placed under the front display, making it super easy for users to unlock the device. It is a little slower than the standard fingerprint scanner, but you will get used to it.
- Large display – The phone features a large 6.28-inch Super AMOLED display with 19:9 aspect ratio and HD+ resolution. And yes, you also get a notch at the top and a slim bezel at the bottom. The display covers 90.3 percent of the front of the device.
- AI Cameras – Vivo has added some AI features, such as AI HDR and AI Scene recognition, to improve the performance of the dual-camera setup on the X21. With the help of AI Scene recognition, the camera knows the best presets and settings for a photo. There’s an AI beauty mode for the front camera as well.
- Face Unlock – As most phones in 2018 are coming with the Face Unlock feature, even Vivo has included it on the X21. It unlocks quite fast, but only uses the front camera. Don’t expect it to work all the time, but it will be helpful at times.
- Hi-Fi Audio – Music aficionados will want to give the Vivo X21 a try at least for the audio. The phone features an AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip that has Deepfield Sound effect technology. This will provide crisp audio via any connected headphones.
Vivo X21: Price in India, Sale
Vivo has priced the X21 quite well in India. The smartphone is now available for sale via Flipkart and you can purchase the phone for Rs.35,999. The phone is not a high-end device in terms of its specifications, so it was a wise decision to price it at this range. However, it is still high. For the same price, you can purchase the new OnePlus 6, which is better than the Vivo X21.
Vivo X21: Offers
As usual, Vivo is providing some launch offers for customers. Those who own an SBI credit card will be able to avail a 5 percent cash back on the purchase of the phone. You also get No-Cost EMI on most Credit cards.
Apart from that, the company is providing a Rs.1000 voucher from Ferns N Petals when you buy the phone. If you are a Vodafone user, you will get a year of device security and up to 280GB of extra data. Vivo is also giving a pair of its XE710 Hi-Fi earphones with the phone.
Vivo X21: Specifications
The Vivo X21 comes equipped with a Snapdragon 660 processor, Adreno 512 GPU, 6GB of RAM, and 128GB of internal storage. There’s provision for expanding memory thanks to a hybrid dual-SIM/microSD slot.
In the camera department, you get a dual camera setup at the back with on 12MP main sensor and a 5MP secondary unit for bokeh effects. You can record 4K videos at 30FPS with the rear camera. At the front, you get a 12MP sensor for selfies. The phone also includes Bluetooth 5.0, 4G VoLTE, a 3200mAh battery, and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo software with the Funtouch OS 4.0 UI.