After all the buzz building up for a while now, Xiaomi has finally launched the much-anticipated table, the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 alongside the budget handset Redmi 6 Pro. The products were unveiled at the launch event in China, Sunday. Although, the Chinese handset maker had already listed both the devices on their website revealing all the essential details, a little ahead of the launch event.
Mi Pad 4: Top 5 Features
Although, all the specifications, features and other details are listed on the website and now that the device is officially out, it is common knowledge. But, we sorted all the details into the best features of the newly-launched tablet from Xiaomi.
- Besides the powerful 2.2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 660 chipset onboard being able to power a ‘smart game acceleration’ feature, the Mi Pad 4 also boasts an AI-powered face unlock feature.
- The device sports an 8-inch 16:10 display at 1920×1200 pixels resolution and 16:10 aspect ratio. The Mi Pad 4 is 9.4% smaller than its predecessor Mi Pad 3, measuring 200.2 x 120.3 x 7.9mm. The catch here is the smaller body makes it easier to operate with a single hand. The display on the tablet supports eye mode, standard mode, enhanced mode, intelligent adaptation mode, and more.
- The Mi Pad 4 is armed with a 13-megapixel rear camera featuring a f/2.0 aperture with full HD 1080p 30fps video recording capability and support for HDR. On the front end, the tablet sports a 5-megapixel camera, also with a f/2.0 aperture.
- Another impressive feature on the Mi Pad 4 includes Split screen mode, which allows users to split screen to multitask. This feature allows the user to split the screen for doing two tasks such as texting someone and watching a video simultaneously.
- The device ships in Wi-Fi-only and LTE variants. The Wi-Fi only variant includes sensors like an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, and a gyroscope. On the other hand, the LTE variant comes with a digital compass.
Mi Pad 4: Other Key Specifications
As mentioned earlier, the newly-launched Mi Pad 4 packs a 2.2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 660 chipset that powers the device with Adreno 512 GPU. With Adreno 512 GPU, you can expect games and videos to look livelier. You can afford to work on multiple apps or play games without slowing down the performance. Depending on the variant, the tablet features 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB storage. The Mi pad 4 sells in LTE and Wi-Fi-only variants and runs Android 8.1 Oreo, MIUI 9 being the custom UI.
For connectivity, the options on the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 include 4G LTE (single Nano-SIM), Bluetooth v5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band, 2.45GHz and 5GHz), 3.5mm headphone jack, and USB Type-C. Note that the GPS and A-GPS options are only available on the LTE variant of the Xiaomi tablet. The Wi-Fi only variant packs powerful sensors that include an accelerometer, an ambient light sensor, and a gyroscope. The LTE model of the Mi PAd 4 packs a digital compass in addition. The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 is fuelled by a non-removable Li-Ion 6,000mAh battery backup, which is enough to keep the device afloat for more than a day. And, to support an extensive usage, the device comes with a fast charging functionality. The tablet is crafted within 200.2 x 120.3 x 7.9mm, making it smaller than its predecessor, Mi Pad 3. For inbuilt storage, the tablet offers either 32GB or 64GB, neither of which can be expanded using a microSD card.
Mi Pad 4: Expected Price in India, Availability
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 price sells at a starting price of CNY 1,099 (approximately Rs. 11.500) for the 3GB RAM/ 32GB inbuilt storage Wi-Fi only variant. For the 4GB RAM/ 64GB inbuilt storage Wi-Fi only model, the price ticket is CNY 1,399 (nearly Rs. 14,600), and for the for the 4GB RAM/ 64GB inbuilt storage Wi-Fi + LTE variant, the price tag reads CNY 1,499 (roughly Rs. 15,600). The Mi Pad 4 will be available in two color variants- Black and Gold. The device goes on sale on Friday, June 29. The reservations for the first sale are open now. Stay tuned for more updates on the device.