OPPO launched its OPPO A3 smartphone in China back in April this year. Later on, the Chinese smartphone maker debuted a new handset, dubbed as RealMe 1 in India with the same diamond cut design as the A3. Now, OPPO seems to be aiming to launch what appears to be the combination of the A3 and RealMe 1, the all-new A5 smartphone. The specifications of this upcoming handset, along with the images have been revealed online. The latest leak suggests the OPPO A5 is going to have a similar specs sheet as that of the A3. It will be offering the same diamond cut design and dual rear-facing cameras. Let’s go through some of the key specifications of this device.
OPPO A5: Rumoured Features
Going by the leaked specifications, the OPPO A5 will measure 156.2 × 75.6 × 8.2mm in terms of dimensions. The smartphone is expected to feature a taller 6.2-inch IPS LCD display with HD+ 1520×720 resolution and a 19:9 aspect ratio. The phone appears to sport a notch as well, keeping up with the latest trend. Furthermore, the A5 is supposed to be fueled by an octa-core 1.8GHz CPU, which might possibly be the Snapdragon 450. However, in some markets, OPPO might release this handset with a MediaTek chipset. The smartphone is said to pack 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, and it might also have a microSD card for further memory expansion. The latest leak doesn’t tell us much about the software on the smartphone but we can expect the device to ship with the latest Android 8.1 Oreo OS.
In terms of imaging, the A5 might feature a 13MP+2MP dual camera setup at the rear. On the other side i.e at the front, it is said to sport an 8MP camera for selfies and video calling. Another thing that you may have noticed in the image above is that the A5 will not include a fingerprint sensor. However, the sources believe that the phone will have facial recognition support. Connectivity-wise the phone might ship with dual-SIM support, 4G with VoLTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, USB 2.0 port and a 3.5mm audio port. The handset might be fueled by a large 4230mAh battery. The A5 is expected to be available in Mirror Blue and Rose Gold colour options.
OPPO A5: Rumoured Specifications
- Display: 6.2-inch IPS LCD display,HD+ 720×1520 pixels resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Octa-core 1.8GHz CPU (Possibly Snapdragon 450)
- Software: Android 8.1 Oreo-based Color OS
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB storage (expandable memory up to 128GB through microSD card)
- Rear-facing camera: 13-megapixel primary camera, 2-megapixel secondary camera, PDAF, LED flash
- Front-facing camera: 8-megapixel
- Extras: Facial recognition support
- Connectivity: Dual SIM support, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS/GLONASS, 3.5mm audio port, 4G LTE + VoLTE
- Dimensions: 156.2 × 75.6 × 8.2mm
- Colours: Blue, Rose Gold
- Battery: 4230mAh