Earlier today, Xiaomi launched two new products in China – Mi Pad 4 Android tablet and the Redmi 6 Pro budget Android smartphone. The Redmi 6 Pro is the company’s very first budget device to feature an ultra-tall 19:9 aspect ratio. In this post, we are going to take a look at the five most impressive features of the latest Xiaomi smartphone.
Redmi 6 Pro: Top 5 Features You Should Know
- The Redmi 6 Pro is Xiaomi’s first Redmi series smartphone to feature a notched display. It sports a 5.84-inch sized IPS LCD panel with 1080 x 2280 Full HD+ resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio, 1500:1 static contrast ratio, and 84% coverage of the NTSC color gamut. The display has a 2.5D curved glass layer on top. If you are someone who thinks notched displays look tasteful and are looking to purchase a new budget Android smartphone soon, the Redmi 6 Pro should certainly on top of your list.
- On the back of the smartphone is an impressive 12MP + 5MP dual-camera setup with AI Scene Recognition and an AI Portrait Mode. Xiaomi is using a Sony IMX486 as the primary sensor, while the secondary 5MP sensor is the Samsung S5K5E8. The primary sensor boasts 1.25um pixel size. Both the sensors are coupled with a f/2.2 aperture. When it comes to video, the Redmi 6 Pro can capture up to Full HD resolution videos.
- The Redmi 6 Pro is equipped with a 5MP selfie camera on the front, similar to the Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A smartphones. While the resolution may not be very impressive compared to a few other Redmi smartphones, the Redmi 6 Pro front-facing camera does come with an AI Portrait Mode, AI Face Unlock, and AI Smart Beauty features. It even comes with HDR support.
- Xiaomi’s latest Redmi series smartphone packs an impressive 4000mAh capacity non-removable battery. That’s a significant increase compared to the 3000mAh capacity batteries inside the Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A smartphones. With a 4000mAh capacity battery inside, the Redmi 6 Pro should be capable of delivering impressive battery life, more or less comparable to the stamina offered by the Redmi Note 5. The Redmi Note 5 is powered by the same Snapdragon 625 chipset as the Redmi 6 Pro and packs an identical 4000mAh battery with 5V 2A
- The notched display and the AI dual-camera setup aren’t the only features that set the Redmi 6 Pro apart from the Redmi Note 5. It also offers one other key feature that is missing in both the Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro – a dedicated microSD card slot. Instead of a Hybrid Dual-SIM slot configuration, the Redmi 6 Pro features two Nano-SIM card slots and a dedicated microSD card slot for further expansion up to 256GB.
Redmi 6 Pro: Other Key Specifications
The Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro is powered by an octa-core 14nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor clocked at 2.0 GHz with an Adreno 506 GPU clocked at 650 MHz. It is available in three memory configurations – 3GB RAM + 32GB storage, 4GB RAM + 32GB storage, and 4GB RAM + 64GB storage. Connectivity features offered by the Redmi 6 Pro include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, an IR blaster, and 4G VoLTE. In addition to Face Unlock support, the smartphone is equipped with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor as well. The budget Android smartphone measures 149.33 x 71.68 x 8.75mm and weighs in at 178 grams. On the software front, Redmi 6 Pro runs on the Android 8.1 Oreo-based MIUI 9 out of the box.
Redmi 6 Pro: Expected Price in India, Launch Date
The Redmi 6 Pro is expected to be launched in India along with the Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A smartphones within two months. As for the pricing, we expect the Redmi 6 Pro to be slotted between the Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro smartphones in India, which means you can expect the Redmi 6 Pro 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant to cost Rs.12,999. However, it remains to be seen if Xiaomi will be bringing all three memory configurations of the Redmi 6 Pro to Indian shores.