Last year, Xiaomi unveiled the Mi 5X in China and the same smartphone was introduced as Mi A1 (Review) in the Indian market. The Mi A1 was the first-ever smartphone from Xiaomi to run the stock Android user interface. A few months ago, the Chinese smartphone maker announced the successor to the Mi 5X, the Mi 6X, in China. Now, Xiaomi is planning to launch the Mi 6X in the form of the Mi A2 globally, and it includes Indian and Spanish markets.
While the launch date of the Mi A2 for the Indian market is a mystery, for now, the Android smartphone is expected to mark its global debut in Spain, with the release date set at July 25, 2018. Now, we have received information from our sources regarding the Mi A2’s colour and storage options that will be debuted later this month in Spain.
Xiaomi Mi A2: Colour and Storage Variants
Going by the information that we have received regarding the Mi A2, it will be available in Black, Blue and Gold colour variants. The smartphone will be launched in four memory configurations. The base variant will come packed with 4GB RAM and 32GB internal storage, whereas a slightly costlier variant will feature 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage. Higher-end variants include a variant with 4GB RAM and 128GB internal storage as well as a variant with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage.
Xiaomi Mi A2: Features
The Mi A2 will come with a 5.99-inch IPS LCD screen with Full HD+ resolution (2160 × 1080 pixels), resulting in an aspect ratio of 18:9. The screen will be covered by a 2.5D curved glass. Under the hood, the smartphone will be equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660, featuring a 2.2GHz octa-core CPU (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 + 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260) and Adreno 512 GPU. As mentioned above, the handset will be available in 4GB/6GB RAM and 32GB/64GB/128GB internal storage. It will ship with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box, running stock Android user interface.
The device will measure 158.88×75.54×7.3mm and weigh 168g. The Mi A2 will sport a dual-camera setup consisting of 12-megapixel and 20-megapixel sensors. The primary 12MP sensor will have a f/1.8 aperture and 1.25µm pixels. The 20MP secondary sensor will have f/1.8 aperture and 1.0µm pixels. The combination of these two sensors will offer bokeh mode, and there’s phase-detection autofocus, HDR, panorama, and 4K video recording modes as well. For selfies and video calling, the smartphone features a 20MP camera with f/1.8 aperture.
Connectivity-wise, the phone will ship with a dual-SIM card slot, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0 with LE, GPS/A-GPS+GLONASS, a USB Type C port, and a 3.5mm headphone port. The smartphone will come packed with a 3010mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 3.0.
Mi A2: Specifications
- Display: 5.99-inch IPS LCD display, Full HD+ resolution 2160 × 1080 pixels resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass covering
- Processor: Qualcomm’s octa-core 2.2GHz Snapdragon 660 SoC with Adreno 512 GPU
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB/128GB (expandable via microSD card)
- Software: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Rear-facing camera: 12MP primary sensor, 20MP secondary sensor, Bokeh Effect, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording
- Front-facing camera: 20MP sensor (Sony IMX376), f/1.75 aperture, Soft-LED flash, 1080p video recording
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS+GLONASS, USB Type-C Port, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Extras: Rear-Mounted Fingerprint Reader
- Battery: 3010mAh, Quick Charge 3.0
- Colours: Black, Blue, Gold