Last month, HMD Global launched the Nokia X6 smartphone. The device debuted with an iPhone X like notch design and mid-range specifications. While the phone has only been announced in China, it looks possible for it to be launched in India, soon. If and when it launches in India, the phone will be giving a fierce competition to Motorola’s latest Moto G6 smartphone. Given the specifications of both the devices, the Nokia X6 holds a better part of the ground. In this article, we are listing the top five features that make the Nokia X6 a powerful contender against the Moto G6.
Nokia X6: Special Features That Give Nokia An Edge Over Motorola
- The top impressive feature has to be its 5.8-inch Full HD+ display with a notch design. The Nokia X6 is the first smartphone from HMD Global to embrace the notch design. Thanks to the presence of notch that gives the screen a resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels and 19:9 aspect ratio. The IPS display also features a protective layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 3. On the contrary, the Moto G6 settles for a screen with 18:9 aspect ratio and 1080×2160 pixels resolution.
- The second most important feature is the Nokia X6’s performance capability. The phone is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor, which is based on the 14nm process and is clocked at 1.8 GHz with an Adreno 509 GPU. The Moto G6 is powered by a less powerful Snapdragon 450 SoC clocked up to 1.8GHz.
- The third feature is the phone’s dual camera setup at the rear. The Nokia X6 sports 16MP + 5MP dual camera, wherein the primary 16MP RGB sensor has a f/2.0 aperture while the secondary monochrome lens packs f/2.2 aperture. The phone is also equipped with AI-assisted features and technologies coupled with deep image learning capabilities. It also includes intelligent scene recognition feature alongside AI Portrait mode. There is a powerful 16MP selfie snapper on the front with 1.0um pixel size and a f/2.0 aperture lens. It supports the Face Unlock feature along with AR Stickers and AI selfies with bokeh effects. The Moto G6, on the other hand, has 12MP+5MP dual camera setup at the rear and a 16MP front camera.
- The Nokia X6, unlike the Moto G6, has a powerful 6GB RAM variant with 64GB of internal storage. It is aimed at those buyers who want an ultra-powerful device. Whereas, the Moto G6 is only available in 3GB/4GB RAM variants.
- The fourth noteworthy feature on the Nokia X6 is its 3060mAh battery that comes with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support. HMD Global claims that the Nokia X6’s battery can fuel up to 50% charge in just 30 minutes of charging, which is quite remarkable. The Moto G6 packs a 3000mAh battery with support for Turbo Charging.
Nokia X6: Other Specifications
The Nokia X6 is launched in three configurations in China – 4GB RAM + 32GB storage, 4GB RAM + 64GB storage, and 6GB RAM + 64GB storage. The phone supports connectivity options such as Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, and USB Type-C. It sports a fingerprint sensor at the back and runs Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box, which is eligible for Android P update alongside regular updates.
Nokia X6: Expected Launch Date, Price in India
The Nokia X6 is expected to positioned between Nokia’s existing phones like the Nokia 6.1 and the Nokia 7 Plus. The pricing of the Nokia X6 could be under Rs. 20,000. Although nothing has been confirmed regarding its launch in India, HMD Global Chief Product Officer Juho Sarvikas has hinted at the possibility of its launch outside China. The Moto G6 price in India is Rs. 13,999 for the 3GB RAM + 32GB storage variant, and Rs. 15,999 for the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant. It will be interesting to see how Nokia X6 challenges the Moto G6 when it debuts in the smartphone market.