We were immensely disappointed to learn that HMD Global had indefinitely postponed its July 11 launch event which was expected to be a launchpad for the Nokia X5. It is still not entirely clear what the reason for this cancellation was as the only explanation Nokia gave was that it was due to some problems with the venue. Nokia took to Weibo, a popular Chinese microblogging site, to apologise to its fans regarding this inconvenience. Furthermore, a new report has popped up claiming that the launch event could likely take place on July 17. Nokia officials have not yet confirmed these dates as it would entirely depend upon the weather conditions in Beijing at that time.
Nokia’s Personal Apology to Fans
A few hours before the July 11 launch event was about to start, Nokia released a post on Weibo letting fans know that the event had been canceled. To express its deepest apology, Nokia promised to send out a “sweetest heart” to the first 100 people who responded to this post before midnight. The company also mentioned that these responders would receive watermelons along with the heart. True to its word, Nokia personally responded to every single one of those first 100 people who replied to the post to let them know about a surprise Nokia left for them in their personal inboxes.
You may be wondering what exactly this so-called “sweetest heart” is. To be honest, we don’t have any idea either. The crude translations of these comments we have via Google Translate indicate Nokia sent private messages to its fans with these “sweetest hearts” and watermelons. Are these just some images of watermelons or did Nokia actually send free coupons to its fans to buy melons this summer? We are not sure. Let us know in the comments if you have any details regarding this.
5 Reasons Why Nokia X5 Is Still Worth Waiting For
Just because the launch for the upcoming handset was temporarily put on hold, there is no reason to forget about it just yet. With all the numerous leaks we have seen in the past few months, we have a good idea of what to expect from this phone and why it might still be worth looking forward to its release.
1. Price: A leaked press poster recently confirmed that the upcoming Nokia smartphone would be called the Nokia X5. The poster also allegedly reveals the price of this phone to start at 799 yuan in China, which translates to Rs.8,200 approximately. Considering the specifications this phone is expected to feature, this pricing makes it a highly attractive option over most of its similarly priced competition.
2. Processor: A TENNA certification listing was recently spotted for this upcoming device which indicates this phone might come with an octa-core, 2.0GHz CPU. It was earlier expected that this would be a Snapdragon 636 chipset, but new reports emerged claiming the SoC to be a MediaTek Helio P60. In either case, the phone would be a respectably capable one which would outperform most of its competition.
3. Camera: While the exact specifications are not yet known, we do know that the Nokia X5 is likely to feature a dual camera setup at the back with the primary lens measuring 13MP. On the front, there is a chance the phone will have a notch in its display where an 8MP selfie shooter will be housed. Admittedly, these may not sound like mind-blowing numbers, but these cameras are likely to be more than enough for this budget offering.
4. Stock Android: As is the case with all modern Nokia smartphones, the phone will offer Android 8.1 Oreo loaded by default. The best part is that there will be no bloatware or UI aberrations as the phone offers a stock Android experience.
5. Storage Options: Another great aspect about this phone is that it will offer various storage options to choose from. The TENAA listing reveals three RAM variants measuring 3GB, 4GB, and 6GB. These would be paired with either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage space. Furthermore, the phone will allow storage expansion up to 128GB with the use of a microSD card.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page