OPPO’s latest flagship smartphone, the Find X has finally been launched in India. The successor to the Find 7 from 2014, the OPPO Find X boasts a truly unique design coupled with a few innovations that make it one of the most impressive flagship Android smartphones that we have seen in recent times. If you are thinking of getting yourself a new iPhone X, here are five reasons why you should consider the OPPO Find X instead.
OPPO Find X: Top 5 Reasons To Choose Over iPhone X
1. 42” Panoramic Arc Screen With 93.8% Screen-to-Body Ratio: The OPPO Find X features a larger 6.42-inch sized Super AMOLED Panoramic Arc screen with Full HD+ resolution and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. Even though there is no notch at the top, the Find X boasts a class-leading 93.8% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to the motorized slide-out top.
2. Fast Charging With OPPO VOOC Flash Charging Technology: While the iPhone X also supports fast charging, users cannot utilize the feature out of the box. The OPPO Find X, however, comes with the manufacturer’s VOOC Flash Charging out of the box. OPPO claims users can get up to 2 hours of usage from just 5 minutes of charging the Find X.
3. Stealth Camera Mechanism: The OPPO Find X has a total of three cameras, two on the back and one at the front. All three cameras are hidden inside a motorized slide-out top module, which means the cameras are not visible when they are not in use. When you need to use the camera, the “stealth cameras” pop out. While some doubts still remain over the durability of the mechanism, there is no doubt that it looks very cool and your friends will certainly be impressed when you show them how it works.
4. 25MP AI Selfie Camera: While Apple’s iPhone X features a 7MP TrueDepth camera with Portrait Mode and Portrait Lighting, the OPPO Find X features a higher resolution 25MP AI-enhanced selfie camera on the front. The selfie camera on the Find X uses AI to analyze features such as the face, nose, and eyes to personalize selfies. It also comes with 3D lighting technique, similar to Portrait Lighting on the iPhone X. Apart from taking selfies, the front-facing camera supports 3D facial recognition as well as with 3D structured light technology.
5. Lower Price Tag: Even though the OPPO Find X is arguably the most innovative Android flagship to have been launched so far this year, the company has priced it at Rs.59,990, undercutting the iPhone X and some other flagship Android smartphones. This makes the Find X the better VFM option when compared to the Apple flagship.
OPPO Find X: Key Specifications
The OPPO Find X is powered by Qualcomm’s octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset, coupled with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of onboard storage. On the back of the handset is a 16MP + 20MP dual-camera setup with AI-enhanced features. The Find X comes with OPPO O-Face 3D facial recognition technology as well as Animoji-like O-Moji animated emoji feature. Keeping the lights on is a 3730mAh capacity battery with VOOC fast charging technology. Connectivity-wise, the Find X supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, 4G VoLTE, and a USB Type-C port.
OPPO Find X: Price in India, Launch Offers
The OPPO Find X has been launched in India as a Flipkart-exclusive. It will be available for pre-order starting July 25th and will be going on sale in the country starting August 3rd. Those who pre-order the Find X on Flipkart will receive a gift voucher worth Rs.3,000. It will be available in two colors – Glacier Blue and Bordeaux Red. While Flipkart is the exclusive online retail partner for the Find X, you will also be able to purchase the Find X at major offline stores.