Vivo’s latest flagship smartphone, the NEX S is set to launch in India in just a few days from now. In India, the smartphone will be marketed simply as the NEX, perhaps due to the fact that the company isn’t bringing the more affordable NEX A version to the Indian market. The innovative flagship smartphone will take on rivals like the Samsung Galaxy S9 in the Indian market. In this post, we are going to take a look at five key features of the Vivo NEX that should convince you to choose it over the Samsung Galaxy S9.
Vivo NEX: Top 5 Reasons To Choose Over Samsung Galaxy S9
1. Larger 6.59-inch Ultra FullView Display: The Vivo NEX comes with a larger display than the Galaxy S9, measuring 6.59-inches diagonally. While it doesn’t match the Galaxy S9’s Infinity Display when it comes to pixel density, the Vivo NEX does boast a higher and more impressive screen-to-body ratio of 91.24%. So if you like the latest trend of near bezel-free smartphones, the NEX will impress you slightly more.
2. In-Display Fingerprint Sensor: The Vivo NEX features Vivo’s third-generation in-display fingerprint sensor, which is not only more secure but also faster than the solution used in the X21. Samsung Galaxy S9, on the other hand, uses a traditional fingerprint sensor which is mounted on the back of the handset.
3. Dual Rear Cameras: Samsung Galaxy S9, unlike the Galaxy S9 Plus, comes equipped with a single camera on the back. Vivo NEX, on the other hand, sports a 12MP + 5MP dual camera setup on the back. The primary 12MP sensor on the NEX features phase-detection autofocus, 4-axis optical image stabilization, and an f/1.8 aperture.
4. Bigger Battery: Battery life is one area where the Samsung Galaxy S9 isn’t very impressive, thanks to a relatively small 3000mAh capacity battery under the hood. Vivo NEX, however, packs a large 4000mAh capacity battery with 22W fast charging support. If you are someone who cares a lot about battery life, the Vivo NEX should be an obvious choice.
5. 8GB RAM: The Vivo NEX is one of the few Android flagship smartphones on the market currently to feature a whopping 8GB of RAM. Samsung Galaxy S9, on the other hand, comes with “just” 4GB of RAM.
Vivo NEX: Key Specifications
The Vivo NEX runs on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor, coupled with 8GB of RAM. In terms of storage, the variant being launched in India includes 128GB of built-in storage. However, further, expansion is not supported. As we mentioned above already, the Vivo NEX has a higher screen-to-body ratio than all Android flagships except for the OPPO Find X. The impressive screen-to-body ratio has been made possible by moving components like the earpiece and the proximity sensor under the display. For selfies, the Vivo NEX has a pop-up 8MP selfie camera unit with an f/2.0 aperture. Connectivity-wise, the Vivo flagship supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, USB Type-C port, and 4G VoLTE. In terms of software, the flagship smartphone runs on the Android 8.1 Oreo-based Funtouch OS 4.0.
Vivo NEX: Price in India, Launch Date
The Vivo NEX, as we reported recently, will be priced at Rs.48,990 in India. It will be an Amazon-exclusive in the country. Vivo has already confirmed that the smartphone will be formally launched in India on the 19th of this month. Even though the smartphone hasn’t been officially launched in India, some of the launch offers have already been leaked. Customers will be able to get up to Rs.5,000 extra off on exchange. HDFC Bank credit and debit cardholders will be eligible to receive cashback on the purchase of Vivo NEX, although the cashback amount isn’t known yet. Some of the other offers include Mobile Damage Insurance and No Cost EMI up to 12 months, along with assured buyback value.