Samsung has added a new smartphone to its On-series with the Galaxy On6. The phone has been launched in India as a Flipkart exclusive. It comes with an almost edge-to-edge Infinity display with 4GB of RAM and Android Oreo OS. However, the Galaxy On6 is precisely like the 4GB variant of the Galaxy J6. We can easily tag them as identical devices. The only difference is that the Galaxy On6 is available at lesser pricing than the Galaxy J6. In this article, we will list the reasons why you should buy the Galaxy On6 instead on the J6.
Samsung Galaxy J6 vs Samsung Galaxy On6: Price in India
The Samsung Galaxy J6 price in India is Rs. 13,990 for the 3GB RAM + 32GB storage variant and Rs. 16,490 for the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage model. The Galaxy On6, on the other hand, is priced at Rs. 14,490 for the single variant that comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage.
Samsung Galaxy J6 vs Samsung Galaxy On6: 5 Reasons Why You Should Settle For the Galaxy On6
1. Both the Galaxy On6 and the Galaxy J6 feature Samsung’s edge-to-edge Infinity screen, which makes them almost bezel-less. Both the phones pack a 5.6-inch Super AMOLED display with HD+ 720×1480 pixels resolution, 293ppi of pixel density, and 18.5:9 aspect ratio.
2. Both the phones have a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and on-screen keys to enable navigation. A 1.6GHz octa-core Exynos 7870 chipset powers them with Mali T830 MP1 GPU and 4GB of RAM. While the Galaxy J6 comes in two variants with 3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/64GB RAM, the Galaxy On6 has a single model with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage. Besides, internal storage on both the phones can be further expanded up to 256GB via microSD card.
3. The camera specs are also the same on the Galaxy On6 and the Galaxy J6. Both the smartphones sport a 13MP rear camera with f/1.9 aperture and LED flash. There is an 8MP selfie snapper on the front with f/1.9 and LED flash. The front camera on both the phones packs additional features such as portrait mode (software level) and beauty mode.
4. Both the smartphones have a 3000mAh battery and micro-USB charging port. On the software side, both the phones run Android 8.0 Oreo-based Experience UI 9.0.
5. The Galaxy J6 and the Galaxy On6 come pre-loaded with Samsung’s in-house ‘Chat Over Video’ feature, which enables users to chat while watching a video by overlaying a translucent chat screen. Both the phones also have My Galaxy Video app that lets them watch curated videos from select content providers. They also have Samsung Pay Mini, which is a lighter version of Samsung Pay that enables virtual payments via NFC.
Samsung Galaxy J6 vs Samsung Galaxy On6: Availability
The Samsung Galaxy On6 is a Flipkart exclusive product and has been on sale since July 5, 2018. The Galaxy J6 is up for sale via online and offline stores alongside Samsung’s e-shop website. While the Galaxy On6 is available in Blue and Black colour option, the Galaxy J6 is available in Blue, Black, and Gold colour variants. Given their specs, both the phones rival Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 5 and Oppo’s Realme 1 in India. If you have been planning to get the J6, we suggest you go for the On6 instead as it offers the same specs as the top-end variant of the J6 and that too at lesser pricing.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page