In the last few months, Reliance Jio has captured the imagination of several users across India as fans await the launch of its broadband services with bated breath. Reliance Jio’s phenomenal growth and success in the mobile telecom segment has laid heavy expectations on the broadband services, which is dubbed as Jio GigaFiber. And it looks like that the company seems to be on the right track to meeting customer expectations with high-speed internet broadband connections at very affordable prices.
Reliance Jio has already started registrations for the Jio GigaFiber services. So how do you register yourself for Jio broadband services? Here’s how:
Step by step registration process for Reliance Jio GigaFiber Broadband:
The GigaFiber registrations have already started and they are absolutely free of cost. It can be done via Jio’s official website.
- Go visit the company’s official website for GigaFiber – https://gigafiber.jio.com
- Users must click on the “Change” button on this page in order to start the registration process.
- Users will be prompted to enter their full address on a form along with other details such as name and contact number. Users must submit this form.
- After this, the webpage will ask users if the registered address is the home or residential address of the user. Users must select an option and click on select submit again.
- Now users will receive an OTP message via SMS to their registered mobile number from Reliance Jio. This is done to validate your booking and verifying user authenticity.
- Users must enter the OTP when prompted and click on submit.
- On the last page, the webpage will request the user if this is a society, township or an individual plot. Users must select the right option and proceed to submit the form.
The registration process will be complete after this step and you will be provided with a confirmation of your registration. Based on the availability of Jio’s GigaFiber services in your city/locality, the company’s representative will contact you once they are ready to start the installation process.
Jio GigaFiber Limited Time offer:
As a part of the introduction, Reliance Jio is launching FTTH services for free, for a period of three months. This is part of the preview offer for the broadband services, where users get to experience internet connection with a speed of up to 100 Mbps for the first 90 days.
Reliance Jio will presumably use this period to gain feedback from users and also create a larger user base with free services on offer. This preview offer will have a restriction of 100GB of monthly data usage and will also include access to Jio’s Premium apps. Also as a part of the preview offer, users will not be charged an installation charge. The installation charges would otherwise cost Rs. 4,500 as a one-time refundable payment, after the expiry of this offer.
JioPhone 2: How to Register
In addition to this, the company is also launching its second feature phone and the successor to JioPhone, the JioPhone 2. The phone will be available in flash sales from 12 PM on August 16. Users can avail the new JioPhone 2 by registering via the following steps during the sale time:
- Visit https://www.jio.com/en-in/jiophone2
- Here click on Get Now option
- Users must enter their details such as contact particulars including mobile number, address etc.
- On submitting the form users must make a payment to avail the new Jio feature phone.
JioPhone 2: Features, Specifications
The newbie to the mobile phone world is the successor phone of the JioPhone 1, and the second phone in the series of JioPhone. The phone was announced in July 2018 by Mukesh Ambani.
The device flaunts a display that measures 2.4-inches. The resolution provided for this display comes with 240 by 320 pixels. It supports VoLTE service, which is an additional feature added over the previous version of Jio phone. In the camera section, the front camera comes with 0.3 MP, and the rear or primary camera holds 2MP quality.