India is the second-largest populated countries in the whole world with more than 1.2 billion populations. And it becomes a mountain of a task for the government to identify all the individuals in India. That’s why it introduced the concept of the Aadhaar card. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) was tasked to issue Aadhaar cards to all the people of India. The Aadhaar is basically a 12-digit unique identification number that is allotted to each individual. The Aadhaar also comes with each individual’s biometric and demographic data, which can be easily accessed using the 12-digit number. UIDAI collects all these data from the applicants and stores it in a centralised database.
Once done, it then allots a 12-digit unique number to the applicant, which is printed on the Aadhaar Card. The card also contains other important details like name, address, date of birth, gender and more. The UIDAI also allows people to download the electronic copy of the Aadhaar card known as e-Aadhaar. But, what is e-Aadhaar card? How does it work? How you can download it? In this article, we are going to clear all the doubts about the e-Aadhaar card.
What is an e-Aadhaar Card?
An e-Aadhaar Card is basically the electronic copy of the Aadhaar card you have physically. The e-Aadhaar card is digitally signed by the competent authority of UIDAI. This means that an electronic copy of the Aadhaar is as valid as a physical form of an Aadhaar card. The e-Aadhaar card also posses the same details as present in the hard copy version. One can find his/her 12-digit Aadhaar number, photograph, name, date of birth, address, and more.
The e-Aadhaar card has its own set of benefits. First of all, it is accessible 24/7 and one need not to worry about losing their card as it is virtually stored and can be downloaded in few simple steps. The e-Aadhaar card also acts as a proof of identity and one can use the e-Aadhaar card to submit all the documents online, open bank accounts, and more.
How to Download e-Aadhaar Card Online?
Users can download the e-Aadhaar card online using the UIDAI website and then follow these steps to quickly download their Aadhaar card:
- Go to the UIDAI website and go to the My Aadhaar section. There you will find the Get Aadhaar option.
- You will be presented with different ways through which you can get your Aadhaar options like locate an enrolment centre and more. Scroll down to the Download Aadhaar option and click on it.
- There you will be given three options through which you can download Aadhaar card including Using Aadhaar number, enrollment number and virtual ID. If you have your Aadhaar number, simply enter it in the box.
- Now enter the Image Captcha and click on Send OTP. The OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on Verify and Download. Your e-Aadhaar card will be downloaded on your device.
- However, it is important to note that once you download the electronic version, you can’t open it without a password.
What is the PDF File Password for the e-Aadhaar Card?
As we said, you cannot open your Aadhaar card directly as the file is always password-protected. However, generating the password is pretty simple. All you need to do is enter the first four letters of your name in capital letters. Then you need to enter your birth year. So, for example, your name is Rohan Pal and your birth year is 1991, then your Aadhaar card password will be ‘ROHA1991’. Furthermore, if your name is just three letters, then you can enter the three letters in the capital along with the birth year.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page