Airtel is among the top two telecom operators in India alongside Reliance Jio. The company takes offers 4G internet and voice services to its customers across the country. However, in some cases, you may experience some lag or issue with your Airtel internet connection. This can also happen when you insert the Airtel SIM in a new Android smartphone.
One of the reasons for this is when your Airtel APN settings aren’t saved. As a workaround, Airtel gives you an option to get new Airtel 4G APN settings on your smartphone. In this article, we are going to talk about some of the ways through which you can get Airtel APN settings on your Android mobile or iPhone.
How to Set Up Airtel APN For High-Speed Internet on Android?
Airtel offers you different ways through which you can set up Airtel APN settings on your Android smartphone. Here’s a walkthrough.
How to Set Up Airtel APN via SMS
If you don’t have Airtel 4G settings on your Android smartphone, you can follow these steps to get the new settings:
- Open the Messages application on your Android smartphone.
- Type ‘MO’ in the chatbox and send it to 54321
- Shortly, you will receive an SMS with the Airtel APN internet settings.
- Click on ‘Ok’ to apply the new settings.
- Now, restart your Android smartphone and you should get Airtel 4G network.
How to Set Up Airtel APN via Airtel Website
Airtel also allows its customers to get the mobile internet settings on their smartphone from its official website. Here’s how you can get it:
- Click on this link and you will be taken to the Airtel mobile internet settings webpage.
- Now, simply enter your mobile number and click on Submit.
- You will receive the settings via SMS on your airtel mobile. Save it as default settings.
How to Manually Add or Update Airtel 4G APN Settings on Android
If you have an Android smartphone, you can manually add the Airtel 4G APN settings on your device. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Settings on your Android smartphone and navigate to Mobile Networks
- Click on the Airtel SIM and then look for Access Point Names
- Tap on Add New APN and enter the following details:
Once done, click on the Save button and restart your Android smartphone. With this, you should be able to restore Airtel 4G on your phone.
How to Set Up Airtel APN For High-Speed Internet on iOS?
Interestingly, you don’t need to change the APN settings in iPhone. This is primarily because iPhones and iPads self-detect the Airtel APN and configure internet access on your device automatically.