Amazon Prime is one of the most wholesomely bundled subscription services that a user can avail in India. For Rs 999 per year (or Rs 329 for three months), users get access to Prime deals, free and faster deliveries through the Amazon India e-commerce platform, and access to entertainment services such as Prime Video and Music. Now, the Amazon India Youth Offer is giving the chance for users to lap up a Prime subscription at half of its regular price, albeit with a catch. Nevertheless, with the offer, interested users between the age of 18 and 24 can get Amazon Prime at Rs 164 for three months or Rs 499 for one year.
How to get Amazon Prime subscription discount
There are a few basic criteria that users need to clear, in order to be eligible for getting the discount. For one, the Amazon Prime Youth Offer will not be applicable for users who already have an active Prime subscription. It will also not be applicable for accounts that had Prime subscription before, which have now expired. Finally, the Youth Offer can only be availed on the Amazon India Android app, and not via web browsers on desktop or even iOS.
- To get the subscription offer, search for Amazon Prime Youth Offer, or click here.
- Once opened on the Android mobile app of Amazon India, proceed to pay for the subscription at its usual rate. You can opt for the three-month plan at Rs 329, or for the Rs 999 annual plan.
- After subscribing, you will be prompted to upload your identity proof and a selfie. Note: Failing to complete this step within 15 days of subscribing to Prime will nullify the Youth Offer.
- Here, you can upload any government issued identity proof. Amazon states that it may take up to 48 hours from your time of uploading your identity to process the offer.
- Once processed, 50 percent of the amount that you paid to subscribe will be refunded to your Amazon Pay wallet. Quarterly subscribers will receive Rs 165, and annual subscribers will receive Rs 500 in Amazon Pay.
- Hence, the effective price for the Prime subscription will either be Rs 164 for three months, or Rs 499 for the entire year.
Amazon India has not specified any end date to its promotional offer as of now. However, given that such promotional offers run only for limited periods, users will be recommended to get their subscriptions soon, if they wish to avail the offer. The bundled Amazon Prime plan is one of the most competitively priced subscription plans available in India, taking videos, music, e-commerce and other services into account at a fixed annual pricing.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, head over to our Facebook page