- The iPhone sales in India crossed 1.5 million units for the first time since launch.
- iPhone sales grew by 25% YoY during the first week of the sale.
- The Samsung Galaxy S21 FE was also one of the best-selling phones.
The festive season sale in India kickstarted in the second week of October. Flipkart’s Big Billion Days and Amazon’s Great Indian Festival Sale were two of the biggest sales of the year and we witnessed multiple deals and discounts across various categories of phones including iPhones. Pixel phones, foldables, and much more.
A report from Counterpoint (via ET Telecom) has now revealed the number of iPhones sold during the sale followed by some of the best-selling phones across different brackets. The sale was also driven by multiple card offers, bank offers, coupons, exchange offers, and exclusive launches. Let’s take a look at more details of the festive season sales.
Festive Season Sale: Best Selling Phones
In the first week of the sale, i.e. from October 8 to October 15, over 1.5 million iPhones were sold across Amazon and Flipkart 一 resulting in a 25% YoY growth. This year’s sales witnessed a high demand for the iPhone 14, iPhone 13, and iPhone 12 models. Outside of the Apple iPhones, Samsung’s Galaxy S21 FE, which was highly discounted during the sale also witnessed strong sales and it was sold out on Flipkart after 2 days.
During the sale, the major sales were driven by brands like Apple, Samsung, and Xiaomi, according to the report. In terms of segment-wise growth, premium segment sales grew by 50% YoY, majorly driven by iPhone 14 and Galaxy S21 FE offers on Flipkart. On Amazon, the premium segment sales grew by a whopping 200 一 thanks to the deals on iPhone 13 and Galaxy S23 FE devices.
Festive Season Sale 2023: Highlights of The First Week Sales
- Around 80% of the phones sold on Flipkart were 5G-enabled phones.
- Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000 segment witnessed 5G upgrades as multiple brands launched new 5G phones ahead of the festive season.
- Realme Narzo 60x 5G, Samsung Galaxy M14 5G, and Galaxy M34 5G were the top-selling phones on Amazon during the sale.
- The Vivo T2x was top top-selling phone in the sub Rs 15,000 price bracket on Flipkart.
- Amazon and Flipkart got more demand than expected and so, the prices were hiked on many phones after 2 days of sale.
- The Oppo Find N3 Flip, Google Pixel 8 series, and Galaxy S23 FE were new launches during the sale.
- Thanks to options like no-cost EMI, EMI, and per-day EMI, Amazon and Flipkart witnessed strong demand for premium phones.
- The average selling price is expected to grow by 15% this year while there will be 7% YoY growth in terms of volumes.
While Flipkart’s Big Billion Days Sale has officially ended, Amazon’s Great Indian Festival Sale is still live on the platform 一 in case if you are still looking for a new phone, Amazon is still offering offers on most phones.