ASUS launched its ZenFone 6 (ASUS 6Z) back in May 2019 and now the smartphone is receiving the latest Android 11 update for all the users across the globe. The new update is rolling out with version 18.0610.2011.107. Initially, the update was rolling out in Taiwan last week. ASUS launched the smartphone in India rebranded as ASUS 6Z in June 2019. At the time of launch the handset arrived with Android 9 Pie and later it received the Android 10 update. Now the company has pushed the Android 11 update that brings an array of new features and the latest Android version. Here’s a closer look at the new Android 11 update for ASUS ZenFone 6.
ASUS ZenFone 6 Android 11 Update
According to the company, the new Android update 11 arrives with version 18.0610.2011.107. The update brings new ZenUI design and features, which are listed on ASUS official Zen Talk forum as well. The company mentioned that it has removed Private Listening, ZenUI Help, and one-hand mode from the smartphone.
The Android 11 update also comes with new integration like PowerMaster features in the battery settings. The developers have also removed features like Icon packs, Icon alignment, and Smart group from the launcher, so users can now organize their app icons across the screen as per their requirement.
“Since the server pushes update notices to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available,” reads the official forum.
- Upgraded system to Android 11
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 11. If you need to go back to Android 10, please refer to the official website that remember it will erase all data from your device.
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 11.
- Removed Private Listening, ZenUI Help, and one hand mode
- Integrated PowerMaster features into Battery Settings. Removed Avast scanning engine.
- Removed Smart group, Icon alignment and Icon packs functions in Launcher. Allowed to organize app icons across screens after tapping empty area
- Implement new ZenUI design and features
- Improvement of the Quick Settings panel design, and support media control. Removed Multi-window tile and added Nearby Share tile (Need to add manually)
- “Auto-download and install via Wi-Fi” is always on in System when upgraded.
- Support navigation gestures for the 3rd-party launcher.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page