- ASUS has teased the launch of the ROG Ally for the Indian market.
- The device features a 7-inch display with a Full HD+ resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate.
- The ROG Ally packs 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 512GB of PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD storage.
ASUS introduced its first handheld gaming device, the ASUS ROG Ally globally last month. The ASUS ROG Ally features a 7-inch display that has a Full HD+ resolution. The device is powered by AMD’s Ryzen Z1 Extreme processor. There’s also a base variant which comes with a Ryzen Z1 SoC. Furthermore, the ROG Ally has 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM, 512GB of PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a USB 3.2 Gen2 Type C port. While the device is introduced in the global market, it was not known until now if it will launch in India. However, in a recent development, ASUS has teased the arrival of the ASUS ROG Ally for the Indian market via its Twitter handle.
ASUS Teases ROG Ally India Launch
ASUS ROG India has shared a tweet which reads “Get ready for gaming that never stops”. Additionally, the company has shared an image of the ROG Ally with a coming soon label. Currently, ASUS has not revealed the launch date of the ROG Ally. However, we can expect the device to launch in India in the next couple of days. Speaking about the specifications, the ROG Ally flaunts a 7-inch IPS-level display that has a Full HD+ 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. The device has a 7ms response time, up to 500 nits brightness, FreeSync Premium, Dolby Vision, and Gorilla Glass Victus protection.
— ASUS ROG IN (@ASUS_ROG_IN) June 15, 2023
The ROG Ally is powered by AMD’s Ryzen Z1 Extreme processor which is coupled with 16GB LDPPR5 6400MHz RAM and up to 512GB of NVMe M.2 2230 PCIe Gen 4 SSD storage. The device also has a UHS-II microSD card slot. Furthermore, it also has support for up to a GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop GPU. The device also has a heat pipe and dual fan design with fluid bearings.
The ASUS ROG Ally base model is priced at $599 (roughly Rs 49,200), while the variant with the Ryzen Z1 Extreme processor costs $699 (roughly Rs 57,400) in the global market. As of now, the price of the device in India is yet to be revealed. However, a past leak suggests that the ROG Ally base model will launch for Rs 71,999, while the Extreme processor variant could cost Rs 79,999. We recommend you take the leaked price with a pinch of salt, as the final price of the device may be different.
ASUS ROG Ally Specifications
- Display: 7-inch IPS-level display, Full HD+ 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution, up to 120Hz refresh rate, 7ms response time, FreeSync Premium, Dolby Vision, Gorilla Glass Victus protection, up to 500 nits brightness.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen Z1 4nm Processor with AMD Radeon Graphics, AMD Ryzen Z1 Extreme 4nm Processor with AMD Radeon Graphics.
- RAM And Storage: 16GB LPDDR5 6400Mhz RAM, 512GB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD, UHS-II microSD card reader.
- Software: Windows 11
- Connectivity: 3.5mm combo audio jack, ROG XG Mobile Interface and USB Type-C combo port, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth v5.2.
- Other Features: Hi-Res certification, Dolby Atmos, Built-in array microphone, 2-speaker system with Smart Amplifier Technology, AI noise-cancelling technology
- Dimensions And Weight: 280 x 111 x 21.2 ~ 32.4mm; 608 grams.
- Battery: 40WHr, 65W charger