ASUS unleashed its flagship gaming smartphone, the ASUS ROG Phone 5 two days back. Well, the device has now started receiving its first software update already ahead of the preliminary sale. According to a post by the official Asus ZenTalk community, the ROG Phone 5 first software update has started rolling out from yesterday. The latest software version brings in several new features such as eSports Mode, new motion control gestures, improved camera experience, and much more. Let’s check ahead more detailed changes this latest software version brings in:
ASUS ROG Phone 5 Is Getting First Software Update
As per the changelog, the newly rolling out software update for the ASUS ROG Phone 5 carries software version number as 18.0830.2101.73. The new software update has enhanced the advanced settings of system modes in Armoury Crate. Additionally, with this new update release, ASUS is adding an animation editor for ROG vision in Armoury Crate, brand new motion control gestures in AirTrigger 5, Esports Mode, multiple theme packs, and much more. The latest software release even optimizes camera user experience, system stability, ROG Vision, and charging stability as per changelog.
Here’s the full changelog of the software update
- Enhanced the advanced settings of system modes in Armoury Crate
- Added animation editor for ROG Vision in Armoury Crate. Now supports share and import functions.
- Added brand new motion control gestures in AirTrigger 5
- Added Esports Mode : A competitive mode tailored for esports competitions in the power button menu screen during gameplay
- Added ROG Akira Character theme pack
- Added multiple theme packs in cooperated with popular game publishers
- Added “Upcoming alarm notification” setting in Clock – Sent out 2 hours before the scheduled alarm.
- Optimized Camera user experience
- Optimized system stability
- Optimized ROG Vision
- Optimized charging stability
ASUS mentions that this latest software release is rolling out in stages, so it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA update. Alternatively, you can check in System Settings > Software update, if the new firmware is available on your ROG Phone 5.
To recap with the specs of the ROG Phone 5, it features a 6.78-inch FHD+ AMOLED display. The device is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 888 processor which is aided with up to 12GB of RAM. The smartphone features a ROG logo with RGB lighting on the back. On the software front, the ROG Phone 5 boots up Android 11 out of the box. The device sports a 64MP triple-camera setup, and has an in-display fingerprint sensor. The whole package is fueled by a massive 6000mAh battery that has 65W fast charging support.