Asus has announced on its forum that the brand is rolling out a new software update to the recently launched Asus Zenfone 6 ZS630KL. The update comes bearing the build number WW-16.1210.1904.133, and it will be rolled out to all the Zenfone 6 users worldwide. This is a phased rollout, and it will reach all the users in a few days.
The most significant feature this update brings is the Super Night Mode for the ultrawide camera. Up until now, the Super Night Mode was available only with the primary camera (the 48MP sensor). And many users requested Asus to offer the Super Night Mode in the ultrawide camera as well. And here it is finally. The update also improves the flip camera module’s rotation stability. Apart from the improvements to the camera, the update optimizes headphone sound quality, UI animation, and translation strings in settings. The update also brings with it improvements to the system stability. Here is a complete changelog of the update as posted by Asus.
- Enable “Super Night mode” on Ultra-wide camera.
- Get weather displayed on the lock screen.
- Optimize translation strings in Setting.
- Improve system stability.
- Improve camera rotation stability.
- Optimize UI Animation.
- Optimize the headphone sound quality.
If you haven’t received the update yet, you can go to ‘System updates’ in [Settings] > [System] to check for the update manually. If you still haven’t received the update, you can download the updated firmware package from Asus website and install it yourself manually. Here is a step by step guide on how to install the update manually.
Install Asus Zenfone 6 ZS630KL Update Manually
- Visit the Asus Zenfone 6 ZS630KL support page.
Link – https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/ZenFone-6-ZS630KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/
- Download the firmware with version number WW-16.1210.1904.133 – it will be 1.85GB in size.
- If you are downloading the firmware package on your smartphone, extract (unzip) the ZIP package on the device using any file explorer. If you get another ZIP file, unzip that too. And place the extracted content it in the root folder of your phone’s internal storage.
If you are downloading the firmware package on your PC, extract (unzip) the ZIP package using any unzip software. If you get another ZIP file, unzip that too. And transfer the extracted content to the phone’s internal storage by connecting your smartphone to the PC through USB Type-C cable.
- Once you’ve placed the package in the root folder of your phone’s internal storage, the device will automatically recognize the update file and show an update prompt.
- Click on the ‘Update’ button in the prompt to update your Asus Zenfone 6 ZS630KL.
Speaking of the update, the Zenfone ZS630KL received its first software update on 29th May. And that update enabled the flip camera rotation using volume buttons, and it also brought Super Night Mode and HDR+. To Read more about that update, visit here.
Asus Zenfone 6 ZS630KL Is Set to Launch in India on 16th June
The Asus Zenfone 6 ZS630KL made its debut on 17th May at an event in Valencia, Spain. Since then, the device has launched in many countries. India, unfortunately, isn’t one of those countries. Well, Asus India and Flipkart have put posters of the Asus Zenfone 6 ZS630KL on their website with a ‘Coming Soon’ tagline, confirming that the Zenfone 6 will launch in India soon. Rumor is that the Asus Zenfone 6 will launch in India on 16th June. We are super eager for the India launch of the Asus Zenfone 6, and we can’t wait to get out hands on one. What’s your view on the Asus Zenfone 6? Are you excited for its India launch as well? Do let us know in the comments below.