- Battlegrounds Mobile India Series (BGIS 2023), the first major official event after the games’ unban is currently going on and here is all you need to know about it.
- The tournament boasts a huge prize pool of Rs 2 Crore prize pool from which the champions will walk away with a Rs 75 lakhs reward.
- The tournament will spawn for four months and it also gives chance to underdogs to compete against the best and top teams across the country.
Krafton has announced the second edition of Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2023 (BGIS 2023) which is the first official major event as well as for underdogs after the game’s comeback. BGMI India Series 2023 is one of India’s biggest esports events and registrations for the tournament closes today(August 2).
Ahead of BGIS 2023, Krafton is currently conducting The Grind, through which 64 teams will make it to the official tournament. Organised by Krafton, the tournament features a massive prize pool of Rs 2 Crore and the winner takes home a huge chunk of Rs 75 lakhs.
This article will provide you with the information everything you need to know about Battlegrounds Mobile India Series 2023 (BGIS).
Battlegrounds Mobile India Series (BGIS 2023): All You Need to Know
Krafton has officially announced the official roadmap for how BGIS 2023 will unfold over the course of four months, beginning in July and ending in October.
Here is a breakdown of the complete format of BGIS 2023:
- BGIS 2023: The Grind, set to take place from July 20 to August 20.
- BGIS 2023: In-Game Qualifiers, from August 10 to August 16
- BGIS 2023: Online Qualifiers, set to take place from August 31 to September 17.
- BGIS 2023: Quarter Finals & Losers Bracket, Scheduled from September 21 to October 1
- BGIS 2023: Semi-Finals, from October 4 to October 7
- BGIS 2023: Grand Finals, from October 12 to October 14.
BGIS 2023: The Grind
To put it in simple words, it is the official qualifier event for all the directly invited teams to advance to the main event.
Taking place ahead of the main event, the top 64 of the 256 invited teams will advance to the main event, and the event is set to take place from 20 July to 20 August, for five weeks.
- Week 1: July 20-23 | Week 2: July 27-30.
- Each week will feature 128 teams which will be divided into 8 groups of sixteen teams each.
- Each group will play three matches, with the top eight teams qualifying and the bottom eight squads being eliminated.
- From Round 1, 64 teams will qualify for Round 2.
- Week 3: August 3-6| Week 4: August 10-13.
- The 64 qualified teams from Round 1 will compete in this round which will be divided into 4 groups of 16 teams each.
- Each group will play six matches, with the top eight teams qualifying and the bottom eight teams being eliminated.
- Each week, 32 teams will qualify for Round 3.
- Week 5: August 17-20.
- This week, 64 teams will compete, divided into 4 groups of 16 teams each.
- This week, a round-robin format will be used, with each group playing 12 matches.
- Based on the overall leaderboard, the top 32 teams will qualify for BGIS 2023 Online Qualifiers Round 3 and the bottom 32 teams will qualify for the BGIS 2023 Online Qualifiers Round 2.
- In-game qualifiers are for everyone and any player can form a team and register for free on the official website. Note that only registered teams can participate in this phase.
- The information used in the registration process must be accurate as the organisers will check the details thoroughly.
- To register, all players must have a BGMI account that is at least level 25 and tier Platinum V in Squad Mode.
- It is set to take place from 10-16 August and all registered sides will get to play 15 classic matches in Ranked Mode.
- Each team’s top ten performances will be considered, and a total of 2048 teams will advance to the next round.
BGIS 2023 Online Qualifiers
This is a crucial stage because it will feature qualified and invited teams. The organisers have planned to conduct this phase in three rounds.
BGIS 2023 Online Qualifiers Round 1
- The 2048 teams qualified from the In-game qualifiers will be divided into 128 groups with each group consisting of sixteen teams each.
- Based on their overall leaderboards and finished, the top three teams from each group (which amounts to a total of 384 teams) will advance to the next round, along with the remaining 96 best-ranked teams.
BGIS 2023 Online Qualifier Round 2
- The 384 qualified teams will be accompanied by 96 top-ranked teams as well as the bottom 32 teams from the BGIS Grind Round 3.
- The total 512 teams will be divided into 32 groups of 16, with the top seven teams from each group advancing to the next round.
BGIS 2023 Online Qualifiers Round 3
- The 224 qualifying teams from Round 2 will be placed together with the top 32 teams from BGIS 2023 The Grind Round 3.
- All 256 teams will be set into 16 groups of 16 teams each, with the top four from each group qualifying for the Quarter Finals and those finishing in the 65-80 positions will advance on to the Losers Bracket.
BGIS 2023: Quarter Finals and Losers Bracket
- The 64 qualifying teams will be split into four groups of sixteen teams each.
- The top four teams from each group will advance to the Semi-Finals, while the remaining 48 teams will be sent to the Loser’s Bracket.
- The loser bracket will feature teams that ranked from 65 to 80 positions in the BGIS 2023 Online Qualifiers Round 3 will be placed along with 48 teams from the BGIS 2023 Quarter Finals.
- The 64 teams will be divided into four groups of 16 teams each, with the top four teams from each group advancing to the Semi-Finals.
BGIS 2023: Semi Finals
- This stage will feature the top 16 teams from both the BGIS 2023 Quarter Finals and the BGIS 2023 Losers Bracket.
- The 32 teams will be split into four groups of eight, with the top 16 teams from the overall points table advancing to the Grand Finals.
BGIS 2023: Grand Finals
The stage finally enters into the conclusion stage with the Grand Finals which are set to take place from October 12-14. The top 16 teams from the Semi-Finals will play 18 matches across three days, six matches per day, and the team with the highest cumulative points will be named the champion of BGIS 2023.
Prize Pool Distribution
The competition boasts a humongous total prize money of Rs 2,00,00,000 (~$243,962 USD), with the majority of it going to the top 16 teams and a little portion going to individual awards as mentioned below:
- 1st Place – Rs 75 lakhs
- 2nd Place – Rs 37.5 lakhs
- 3rd Place – Rs 25 lakhs
- 4th Place – Rs 12.5 lakhs
- 5th Place – Rs 10 lakhs
- 6th Place – Rs 8 lakhs
- 7th Place – Rs 6 lakhs
- 8th Place – Rs 4 lakhs
- 9th Place – Rs 2 lakhs
- 10th Place – Rs 2 lakhs
- 11th Place – Rs 2 lakhs
- 12th Place – Rs 2 lakhs
- 13th Place – Rs 1 lakh
- 14th Place – Rs 1 lakh
- 15th Place – Rs 1 lakh
- 16th Place – Rs 1 lakh
- MVP of BGIS 2023 – Rs 4 lakhs
- MVP of Finals – Rs 2 lakhs
- Rising Star – Rs 2 lakhs
- Best IGL – Rs 2 lakhs
The tournament will be broadcasted live on Krafton India Esports YouTube Channel in English and Hindi on all match days.
MSP Gaming is the gaming arm of MySmartPrice. We are a one-stop destination for everything gaming. Join our community for regular tournaments and stay updated about the gaming ecosystem – https://bit.ly/msp_gaming_community