Apple iPhones are loaded with all the latest hardware and features. However, you might find many iPhone users complaining that their phones have slowed down and the storage is running out. This is primarily because their iPhones are clogged up with unwanted files and applications. So, it is always a good idea to clear the cache on your iPhone after some time. But how do you do that? Does iPhone have this feature like any other Android smartphone? iPhones generally don’t require much maintenance, but they do need some small clean up routine to operate at optimum speed. In this article, we are going to tell you different ways through which you can easily clear cache on your iPhones that will allow it to run faster and you will save up on some storage.
How to Clear Cache of Browser in iPhone
Clearing the cache of the browser on your iPhone can really help to speed it up. Browsers do take some noticeable amount of storage for storing all the cookies, history, website data, and more. If you haven’t cleared the cache of the browser for a long time, it may have accumulated a load of data, which can ultimately slow down your iPhone.
How to Clear Cache of Safari in iPhone
Safari is the default browser available on iPhone. Apple has introduced a new feature with iOS 11 that allows you clear the cache of Safari from all the devices in one go. With this, you will not just clear the cache from your iPhone but your Apple products. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Setting application on your iPhone and scroll down to search for the Safari app.
- Click on it and scroll down to Privacy & Security option. Just beneath it you will find Clear History and Website Data option.
- Tap on it and click on Clear History and Data.
With this, you will be able to clear all the cache and website from the Safari browser.
How to Clear Cache of Google Chrome in iPhone
Google Chrome is probably one of the most popular browsers that we use in almost all smartphones, including iPhones. Google also allows you to clear the caches from your iPhone. Here’s how you can do it:
Open the Google Chrome application on your iPhone and tap on the three dots at the bottom right corner of the screen
- Tap on the Settings option and then scroll down to Privacy.
- Tap on the Privacy and you will see the Clear Browsing Data option. Tap on it.
- One can select the Time range, including last hour, last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 4 weeks, and all time.
- One can also select browsing history, saved passwords, and auto-fill data along with Cookies, site data, and Cached images and files.
- Once done, click on Clear Browsing Data at the bottom to delete all the cached data on Google Chrome.
How to Clear Cache of Apps in iPhone
One can also choose to clear the app cache on your iPhone to free up some space and make your iPhone work faster. Interestingly, Apple allows you to just ‘offload’ them, meaning that if you re-install it again in the future, all the data will be reinstated without much hassle. This simply means that you will not have to start everything from scratch when you re-install the application. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Settings application on your iPhone and tap on the General section.
- You need to then tap on the iPhone Storage. Once done, you will see a list of all the apps installed on your iPhone.
- Click on the application which you want to clear the cache.
- There you will see an option to Offload App. Tap on it.
- You will see a pop-up message saying that the app will be deleted, but its data will remain. Tap on Offload App once again to remove the app from your iPhone.