With the world going digital after the pandemic, most documents have now gone paperless. The best way to securely share a document without any risk of tampering is by using a PDF file. PDFs are the most secured and compressed formats files that are easy to make. You can use them for various purposes, such as a school assignments, office documents, resumes and much more.
The good news is that creating a PDF need not always require a laptop or PC. Yes, you can easily create a PDF file right from your mobile. There are many apps such as Google Docs and online methods through which you can create a PDF file. Here are a few methods through which you can create a PDF file on your smartphone.
How to Scan and Make PDF Using Google Drive
Google Drive allows you to create PDFs directly from your phone in various ways. It has Google Docs embedded in it, and it also allows you to scan any picture and convert it to PDF. In this method, we will show you how you can convert images to PDF format. Follow the steps below.
- Open Google Drive and tap on ‘+’ icon on the top right corner.
- Click on Scan and a camera will appear.
- Click the document you want to convert to PDF and confirm it.
- Adjust the image from the editor, you can crop it or rotate it. Once done, click on Save.
- It will ask you to add the name of the file, add it and click on Save. It will save the file as PDF on your mobile.
How to Create PDF File from Docs
Google and Microsoft have their own apps to create PDF files on smartphones. While Google has Docs, Microsoft has Office. Both of these apps help users to create and convert any file to PDF format in very easy steps. These apps work on both Android and iPhone devices. Before moving to the next step, make sure you have downloaded and installed any of these apps.
How to Create PDF File from Google Docs
Using Google Docs is a very easy way to create a PDF file on your smartphone and it allows you to customise your file in various ways. Follow the steps below to create a PDF file on your smartphone using Google Docs.
- Download Google Docs from Play Store or App Store and launch the app.
- Sign in to your Google account and add on the ‘+’ button on the top right.
- Choose a new document or template and add your text, you can also upload images to it.
- Once done, click on the three dot menu on the top right corner and click on Share and Export.
- Go to Save as and choose .pdf format and click Ok.
How to Create PDF File from Microsoft Office Files
Microsoft Office app allows you to create a PDF file from various options available. You can either convert any image or any text to PDF format. Follow the steps below to create a PDF file on your smartphone using Microsoft Office.
- Download Microsoft Office from App Store or Play Store and open the app.
- On the home screen, click on the ‘+’ icon located in the center.
- Click on Word, and choose from the four options available.
- Once chosen, click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Click on Exports and select .pdf to save the file as PDF on your mobile.
- Once done, save the document and it will be stored on your mobile.
How to Create PDF File from a Web Page
You can also save your web page to a PDF file in a very easy way. You can store them and read them later even without any internet connection. Here’s a method that will work on almost all browsers.
Save a Web Page as a PDF File on Phone
- Open Google Chrome and load the website you want to convert to PDF.
- Click on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen and click on Share button.
- Scroll to the options and click on Print. Tap Save as PDF on the top of the screen.
- Click on the PDF icon to download your web page into PDF.
The PDF file is now saved on your phone storage and you can access it without any internet access.
Save a Web Page as a PDF File On Computer
- Open the webpage you want to convert to PDF.
- Press Ctrl+P (Windows) or Cmd+P (Mac)
- Alternatively, you can go to the three dots at the top right corner of your browser and click on Print.
- A dialog box will appear, choose your settings and click on Print. The webpage will be downloaded as a PDF file on your computer.