For iPhone users, resetting their devices is a last resort. There are a few reasons you might want to reset your iPhone. If it’s still your current device and you’re experiencing lags and glitches, one way to start with a clean slate is by doing a factory reset. Another reason you might want to reset your iPhone is if you’re switching to a new device and are giving or selling your iPhone to someone else. In this case, a reset serves the purpose of erasing all your personal information.
Whatever the reason may be, you might be wondering how the process takes place, and what happens to all your data. In this article, we’ve compiled a step-by-step guide to factory reset your iPhone. In addition, we will also tell you how you can back up all your personal information before performing a factory reset on your iPhone.
How to Create Backup of iPhone Before Resetting
Before we tell you to factory reset your iPhone, it is essential to backup all your data and information to easily do it in the future. Apple gives you an option to backup the iPhone to its iCloud service. One can backup almost all information like contacts, messages, photos, videos, saved passwords, and more. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Settings app and tap on the Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- There you will see an iCloud option. Tap on it.
- Scroll down and select ‘iCloud Backup’ and then tap on Back Up Now to create a backup of your iPhone before factory resetting it.
How to Factory Reset iPhone
Once you have backed up all the data from your iPhone to your iCloud storage, it is time to do one more thing before factory resetting your iPhone: Sign out from your Apple ID. In order to do that, you need to do the following:
- Go to Settings and click on Apple ID on top of the screen.
- Next, scroll down and click on the Sign Out option.
- Finally, enter your Apple ID password to sign out from the iPhone.
Once done, you can easily factory reset your iPhone without your account being linked to it. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings application and click on the General tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on the ‘Transfer or Reset’ option.
- Click on ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ and then click on ‘Continue’.
- Enter the passcode and click on the ‘Erase Now; button to factory reset your iPhone.
How to Factory Reset iPhone using Mac or Windows PC
Apple also gives you an option to factory reset your iPhone using Mac or Windows PC. All you need to do is download the iTunes application on your desktop and log in using your Apple ID. Once done, here’s what you need to do a factory reset your iPhone:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac or Windows PC.
- Open the iTunes application on your desktop or laptop and click on iPhone at the left corner.
- Click on Restore iPhone and click on it again to confirm the action.
- With this, you will be able to erase all your iPhone data and settings.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page