Apple has announced the App Store’s best games and apps of the year 2020. The Cupertino tech giant revealed that Genshin Impact is one of the best games on the App Store and deserves to win the title of the iPhone Game of the Year award. According to the report, the game had a budget of USD 100 million and because of this game MiHoYo, the Chinese game studio became visible on a global platform. The game has managed to collect a revenue of USD 250 million in the first month.
Apple also announced that the winners will get a newly designed physical award this time. “This year’s App Store Best Of 2020 winners will receive a newly designed physical award, precision-milled from a recycled aluminum alloy with diamond-cut edges,” reads the official post.
According to the official post, the team of Apple editors chose Genshin Impact as iPhone Game of the Year because the theme of the game seems to fit the idea of helpfulness. This is one of the games which take our mind off the current pandemic scenario. “The open-world RPG freed gamers to explore a massive realm filled with colorful monsters and earthshaking titans, all brought to life with cutting-edge visual effects,” reads the Apple post.
This is not it, the company has awarded 15 apps and games in different categories. Do note that the theme of helpful applies on all the apps and games, Apple editors have awarded those apps and games which have helped the user to stay fit, keep education on track, fight against the pandemic, and distracted us from 2020.
List of Best Apps, Games on the App Store in 2020
- iPhone App of the Year: Wakeout! (Andres Canella, U.S.)
- iPhone Game of the Year: Genshin Impact (miHoYo, China)
- iPad App of the Year: Zoom (Zoom, U.S.)
- iPad Game of the Year: Legends of Runeterra (Riot Games, U.S.)
- Mac App of the Year: Fantastical (Flexibits, U.S.)
- Mac Game of the Year: Disco Elysium (ZA/UM (UK/Estonia)
- Apple TV App of the Year: Disney+ (Disney, U.S.)
- Apple TV Game of the Year: Dandara Trials of Fear (Raw Fury, Sweden)
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Endel (Endel, Germany)
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: Sneaky Sasquatch (RAC7, Canada)
- App Trend of the Year: Shine for helping users practice self-care (Shine, U.S.)
- App Trend of the Year: Explain Everything Whiteboard for helping bring remote classrooms to life (Explain Everything, Poland)
- App Trend of the Year: Caribu for connecting families to loved ones (Caribu, U.S.)
- App Trend of the Year: Pokémon Go for reinventing the way we play (Niantic, U.S.)
- App Trend of the Year: ShareTheMeal for helping users make a difference (United Nations, Germany)
|Top free iPhone apps||Top paid iPhone apps||Top free iPhone games||Top paid iPhone games|
|Zoom Cloud Meetings||TouchRetouch||Among Us!||Minecraft|
|TikTok||Procreate Pocket||Call of Duty: Mobile||Plague Inc.|
|Disney+||Dark Sky Weather||Roblox||Heads Up!|
|HotSchedules||Ink Inc. – Tattoo Drawing||Bloons TD6|
|AutoSleep Track Sleep||Magic Tiles 3: Piano Game||Geometry Dash|
|Snapchat||The Wonder Weeks||Brain Test: Tricky Puzzles||NBA 2K20|
|Messenger||SkyView||Brain Out||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Gmail||Shadowrocket||Coin Master||The Game of Life|
|Cash App||Sky Guide||Cube Surfer!||True Skate|