Google Pay is probably one of the most convenient applications when it comes to making online payments. The application offers a ton of features like making payments, recharges, cashback offers, and more. However, the app also allows you to add your debit and credit cards to your Google Pay account, which makes it a tad easier to make payments with your phone. But, how do you do that? The process is fairly simple and really convenient. Here’s how you can easily add a new credit card or a debit card in Google Pay and use it for making online payments, and more.
How to Add a Credit or Debit Card in GPay?
You can easily add a credit or debit card to your Google Pay account. The platform gives you an option to make payments using your credit card or debit card with ease. However, it is important to note that this feature is only supported by a few banks. The list of credit and debit cards that are accepted on Google Pay includes:
- Axis Visa Credit card
- Axis Visa Debit card
- SBI Visa Credit card
- SBI Visa Debit card
- Kotak Visa Credit card
- Kotak Visa Debit card
- HSBC Visa Credit card
- HDFC Visa Debit card
- HDFC Visa Credit card
- IndusInd Visa Credit card
- IndusInd Visa Debit card
- Federal Visa Debit card
- Open the Google Pay application on your Android or iOS device.
- Tap on your Profile Picture and then go to Bank Accounts and Cards. There you will see an option to ‘Add Card’.
- Enter the card number, expiry date, CVV, and cardholder’s name and billing address. Tap on the Save button.
- You will be then asked to Accept Terms and Conditions and an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Once done, you can see that you have been added.
- Next, you need to tap on the Activate button, which will be next to the new card’s payment method listing. Enter the OTP password sent to your registered mobile number.
- Once done, you will see a confirmation saying that your card has been added for transactions.
That being said, the new credit card registered to your Google Pay account can be also used as Tokenized card payments. This means you can simply tap and pay at NFC-enabled terminals with your smartphone. You can also make QR code-based payments at different merchants. Moreover, you can also make recharges and do online payments on 3rd party websites.
How to Remove a Credit/ Debit Card in GPay?
The platform also allows you to remove the credit card from your Google Pay account. In order to do that, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Google Pay or GPay application on your Android or iOS device.
- Go to the Settings menu and select Payment methods.
- Tap on the card you want to remove from your GPay account and click on Remove card.
- With this, you can easily remove your credit card from the online payment application.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page