- The Google Pixel 8 and the Pixel 8 Pro receive the first post-launch update which fixes some issues as well as the Android 14 media storage problem.
- The update also solves an issue related to NFC, display and user interface.
- The November 2023 update is being rolled out to devices from Pixel 4a (5G) and above.
Google has released a new monthly software update for November 2023 today which is being rolled out to devices ranging from Pixel 4a (5G) and above. Also, this is the first post-launch software update for the Pixel 8 and the Pixel 8 Pro which fixes a couple of issues. The update also solves the Android 14 storage access issue which occurred on several Pixel phones. Apart from the storage media access issue, Google also has fixed problems related to NFC, display and user interface.
Google November 2023 Software Update Also Solves Android 14 Storage Access Issue
In a community post, Google notes that it has fixed an issue which caused a green flash which occurred when the display was turned off in certain conditions. The update also brings a fix for NFC and related services. Furthermore, the new software release also solves an issue which caused the desktop icons to disappear after unlocking the device. Lastly, Google also has fixed an issue which caused screen jerkiness when touch registration becomes imprecise.
As mentioned above, the update has started rolling from today. The rollout will continue over the next week in phases depending on carrier and device. Users also can head over to Settings > Software Update section to check if they have received a new software update on their Pixel series devices. Here’s the changelog of the new software release.
Google Pixel Update For November 2023
- Fix for issue occasionally causing a green flash when the display is turning off in certain conditions *
- Fix for issue occasionally causing NFC and related services to have instability in certain conditions
- Fix for issue occasionally causing system instability when apps request an app that is no longer installed
- Fix for issue occasionally causing devices with multiple users enabled to show out of space or be in a reboot loop *
- Fix for issue occasionally causing desktop icons to disappear after unlocking device
- Fix for issue occasionally causing the wallpaper to be misaligned for devices with a notch or hole punch camera
- Fix for issue occasionally causing screen jerkiness when touch registration becomes imprecise *
Here’s a list of firmware release for the Pixel smartphones:
- Pixel 4a (5G): UP1A.231105.001
- Pixel 5: UP1A.231105.001
- Pixel 5a (5G): UP1A.231105.001
- Pixel 6: UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel 6 Pro: UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel 6a: UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel 7: UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel 7 Pro: UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel 7a: UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel Tablet: UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel Fold: UP1A.231105.003
- Pixel 8: UD1A.231105.004
- Pixel 8 Pro: UD1A.231105.004