Most Android mobile phones have one thing in common. Yes, we are talking about the pre-installed applications that come loaded with almost each and every smartphone these days. Although some of them are quite useful for daily use, some apps exist that are useful for the user. And, the worst part is that some manufacturers do not allow you to delete these unwanted applications from your smartphone. So, what should you do? Well, there is a way through which you can remove it from your home screen and app drawer. Most of the phones come with a built-in feature through which you can hide apps. In this article, we are going to show the way through which you can hide apps. So, here’s how you can hide apps in Samsung, Vivo, OPPO, Realme and Mi mobile phones.
How to Hide Apps in Samsung Phones?
Hiding apps on Samsung smartphones is like a breeze. The company’s OneUI gives you a direct option through which you can easily hide the apps without downloading any third-party applications. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open the app drawer on your Samsung smartphone and three-dot at the top-right corner.
- There you will see the Home Screen Settings options. Tap on it.
- Now, search for ‘Hide app’ option from the list.
- Select the apps you want to hide from the list and simply tap on the ‘Apply’ button. The apps will be hidden from the main screen.
In order to undo the process. All you need to do is follow the above-mentioned steps and simply unselect the apps and press Apply to unhide the apps from your app drawer.
How to Hide Apps in Vivo Phones?
Vivo FunTouch OS also comes with a built-in feature through which you can easily hide the apps. However, the feature we are going to talk about in this article is only applicable for Vivo mobile phones running FunTouch OS 9.0 and higher versions. So, here’s how you can hide apps on Vivo smartphones:
- Open the Settings Menu on your Vivo smartphone and go to the Face and Password section.
- Click on Privacy and app encryption settings.
- You will find the Hide App. Tap on it to turn it on.
- Now, select the app you want to hide from your smartphone.
- Once done, Click on Apply and your app will be hidden.
Interestingly, once the app is hidden, it will be completely closed. This means that it will not be displayed on the Home screen, Recent Apps interface, or on the app list. YOu will also not receive new messages as well. You can follow the above-mentioned steps and just remove the app from the list and the app will be available once again.
How to Hide Apps in Realme Phones?
Realme has introduced a new App Lock feature with its Realme UI, which helps you to hide the application. The company has already revealed that the feature is available to all Realme smartphones. The App Lock feature not only sets passcode for the apps, but it also hides them for you. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings and go to the Security section.
- Search for App Lock. You will be asked to create a passcode for App Lock.
- Once done, you can go to Security and then to App Encryption.
- Enter the passcode and choose the application you want to hide. Then Turn on Enable Hide Home Screen Icons.
- You then need to set an Access Number for the app that should and end with ‘#’. Once it is complete, there will be a message “Hide Home Screen Icons, Don’t Display in Recent Tasks & Don’t Display Notifications.” All enabled.
With this, the application will be hidden from the smartphone. However, you can still access it by simply going to the dial pad and put the access number. To disable this feature simply choose “Settings> Security> App encryption> Enter Privacy Password> choose the application that you have hidden> disable the Hide Home Screen Icons.
How to Hide Apps in Xiaomi Phones?
Xiaomi also gives an option to hide apps in its MIUI operating system. The hidden app feature is available in all the Redmi, Xiaomi, and POCO smartphones. You can follow these steps to hide apps in Xiaomi phones:
- Go to Settings and open Apps.
- In the App Settings you will find the App Lock feature. Tap on it. It will ask to set up the service first and you need to set a passcode for it as well.
- Once the process is done, you will have two sections: App Lock and Hidden Apps. Click on the Hidden Apps and you will find a list of installed apps on your Redmi phone.
- Search for the apps you want to hide and simply toggle on the switch. With this, your app will be hidden.
You can easily access the hidden apps by simply using gestures. One can swipe two fingers on the screen and a message will pop up for entering the passcode. Once you enter it, it will show you the folder with hidden apps.
How to Hide Apps in OnePlus Phones?
If you are using an OnePlus smartphone, then hiding apps is a piece of cake. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- From Home Screen, swipe up to open the App drawer.
- Now move the finger from left to right to open the Hidden Space app drawer.
- You will see a ‘+’ sign on the top-right corner. Click on the sign and you will see a list of apps installed on your phone.
- Select the apps you want to hide from the app drawer. Once done, just press back and your app will be hidden from the phone.
In order to unhide the application, you follow the above-mentioned steps and simply long-press on the app in the Hidden Space and then select ‘Unhide’ from the list.
How to Hide Apps in Oppo Phones?
The process of hiding applications in Oppo smartphones is quite similar to the one present with the Realme phones. Here’s a step-by-step guide for it:
- Go to Settings and open Security > App Encryption.
- Now select the apps you want to hide from your home screen.
- You need to create a passcode for the apps. Set up the passcode.
- Now turn on the Hide Home Screen Icons option and then you will be asked to set up Access Number. The number should start and end with ‘#’ and should have one to sixteen characters.
- Once you set an access number, tap on ‘Done’. With this, the apps will be hidden from your smartphone.