- HONOR is tipped to be working on upcoming HONOR 100 series smartphones.
- The upcoming Pro series device is tipped to launch globally.
- HONOR will equip the device with Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC.
HONOR has returned to India in the smartphone segment with a partnership with PSAV Global and HTech (formerly Honor Tech). The Chinese OEM launched the vanilla HONOR 90 5G smartphone in India on September 14. Digital Chat Station has revealed the key specifications of the upcoming HONOR 100 Pro 5G smartphone way ahead of its debut.
HONOR launched the vanilla HONOR 90 5G and HONOR 90 Pro 5G smartphones in China in May 2023. HONOR equipped the HONOR 90 Pro 5G smartphone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC. The Chinese OEM launched the vanilla HONOR 90 5G smartphones in the European market. The HONOR 90 Pro 5G didn’t make it to international markets for unknown reasons.
The upcoming HONOR 100 Pro 5G smartphone is slated to launch globally. Digital Chat Station confirms that the smartphone will be equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC. The chipset is built on TSMC’s 4nm process and sports one Cortex-X3 core at 3.2GHz, two Cortex-A715 cores at 2.8GHz, two Cortex-A710 at 2.8GHz, three Cortex-A510 at 2.0GHz and Adreno 740 GPU.
The usage of Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC will help HONOR to keep its prices low in comparison to the other smartphones in the segment with Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC. The tipster also adds that HONOR will equip the HONOR 100 Pro 5G smartphone with an AMOLED display with 1.5K resolution. The tipster claims that HONOR will continue to equip the device with 3,840Hz PWM Dimming.
HONOR recently claimed during the launch of the HONOR 90 5G smartphone in India that the display of the vanilla HONOR 90 5G smartphone is the safest in the world for eyes. The upcoming HONOR smartphone will feature a DCI-P3 colour gamut and TÜV Rheinland certification for a flicker-free panel. Digital Chat Station adds that HONOR will launch the smartphone with dual front cameras similar to its predecessor.
The upcoming smartphone is said to go through internal testing in October in China. The tipster reveals that HONOR will launch the smartphone in November in China. The upcoming smartphone will likely retain the same 5000mAh battery with 90W fast charging tech as its predecessor. Due to recent trends, HONOR might launch the smartphone with up to 24GB of RAM and 1TB of storage in China.
HONOR 90 Pro 5G Specifications
- Display: 6.78-inch Curved AMOLED display, 1.5K resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 437 PPI, 1600 nits peak brightness, HDR 10+, DCI-P3 colour gamut
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, Adreno 730 GPU
- RAM and Storage: Up to 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: MagicOS 7.1, based on Android 13
- Cameras: 200MP primary camera, 12MP ultra-wide camera, 32MP telephoto sensor
- Front Camera: 50MP primary sensor, 2MP depth sensor
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAh battery, 90W fast charging, 5W reverse charging
- Dimensions and Weight: 163.8 × 74.9 × 8.1mm, 192 grams
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 5G, WiFi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, USB Type-C port,
- Colour Options: Midnight Black, Emerald Green, Diamond Silver, Peacock Blue
- Others: Stereo speaker setup, In-display fingerprint scanner