- Honor could make a comeback with its new mid-range smartphone in India.
- Honor 90 price in India could be set at around Rs 30,000 for the base model.
- The phone has a 200MP primary camera sensor on the back.
Honor is making a comeback to the Indian smartphone market. The company is rumoured to re-enter the world’s second-largest smartphone market with the Honor 90 series. The Honor 90 is a mid-range smartphone, which has been launched in various international markets. Honor has not confirmed any details about the launch date or timeline of its upcoming smartphone in India. However, a new leak claims that the Honor 90 is set to launch in India in the coming weeks.
YouTuber Technical Guruji, in his video, claims that the Honor 90 India launch event will be held in September. The YouTuber did not confirm the exact launch date of the device. There has been a lot of buzz around Honor getting a new India CEO in the form of Madhav Sheth, who was previously the Realme India VP. While we wait for some official details, here’s a look at the Honor 90 specifications, price and features.
Honor 90 India Launch: What We Know So Far
The Honor 90 will be a premium mid-range smartphone launching soon in India. The device is tipped to launch in India in September. YouTuber Technical Guruji did not reveal the exact launch date. Meanwhile, the tipster uploaded an unboxing video, which highlights the phone’s design and specifications.
Based on the details revealed, it looks like the phone will launch in India with the same hardware found in the global model. In that case, the Honor 90 will have a quad-curved design with two circular cutouts on the back for the triple-camera setup. The phone has a curved AMOLED display with a hole-punch cutout at the top centre.
Honor launched the device in China at a starting price CNY 2,499 (roughly Rs 28,400) for the base 12GB RAM variant with 256GB of storage. It was also launched with a 16GB RAM variant in China with 256GB of storage for CNY 2,799 (roughly Rs 31,800). We can expect the RAM and storage options to differ when the phone is launched in India.
In terms of specifications, the device packs some premium hardware. It has a 200MP main camera, a 1.5K resolution curved AMOLED display with 3840Hz PWM Dimming and a 5000mAh battery as well.
- Display: 6.7-inch curved AMOLED display with a 1.5K resolution and support for a 120Hz refresh rate. The screen offers 3840Hz PWM Dimming, which is the highest in any phone worldwide. There is a hole-punch cutout at the top centre for the front camera.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 SoC
- RAM/ Storage: Up to 16GB RAM, 512GB of storage (China).
- Battery and fast charging: 5000mAh battery with 66W fast charging support.
- Rear camera: Triple-camera setup with a 200MP primary camera with support for electronic image stabilisation (EIS), 12MP ultra-wide camera that can also shoot macro and a 2MP depth sensor.
- Front camera: 50MP sensor with an f/2.4 aperture.
- Software: Android 13-based MagicUI 7.1
- Colour options: Green, Black, and Ice Feather Blue
- Weight: 183 grams
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 74.1 x 7.8mm
- Other specifications: In-display fingerprint scanner, Wi-Fi 6, USB Type-C 2.0, Bluetooth 5.2, etc.