- The Honor Play 8T packs up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage.
- The device packs a 6,000mAh battery which supports 35W fast charging.
- The smartphone features a 50MP dual-camera setup and 8MP selfie camera.
The Honor Play 8T smartphone has been launched in China today as promised by Honor earlier. The newly introduced Honor Play 8T arrives as a successor to the Honor Play 7T. The Honor Play 8T features a 6.8-inch TFT LCD display that has a Full HD+ resolution and up to 90Hz refresh rate support. The device is powered by an octa-core chipset which is aided with up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. The smartphone features a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, a dual-camera setup, and a 8MP selfie camera.
Honor Play 8T Pricing, Availability, Features
The Honor Play 8T price in China starts at CNY 1,099 (Roughly Rs 12,600) for the 8GB RAM + 256GB storage configuration, while the variant with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage costs CNY 1,299 (Roughly Rs 14,900). The device comes in Streaming Silver, Ink Jade Green and Fantasy Night Black colour options. The handset is available for pre-order in China from today, and it will go on sale from October 23.
The dual-SIM Honor Play 8T runs Android 13 out of the box with MagicOS 7.2 skin on top. Under the hood, the device is powered by Dimensity 6080 SoC which is aided with Mali-G57 GPU. The handset packs up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. The smartphone boasts a 6.8-inch display that has a Full HD+ resolution. The larger 20:9 aspect ratio display panel has a 90Hz refresh rate and a punch-hole cutout at the centre.
When it comes to imaging, the device features a 8MP selfie camera which has a f/2.0 aperture. On the backside, the device includes a dual-camera setup. The camera module comprises of a 50MP primary camera and a 2MP depth sensor. A 6,000mAh battery is equipped with the device which supports 35W fast charging. Last but not least, the handset also has 5G support, a stereo speaker, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor for security purpose.
Honor Play 8T Specifications
- Display: 6.8-inch TFT LCD display, Full HD+ resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, Punch-hole cutout.
- Processor: Octa-core Dimensity 6080 SoC with Mali-G57 GPU.
- RAM And Storage: 8GB/12GB RAM, 128GB/256GB of internal storage.
- Rear-facing camera: 50MP primary camera, f/1.8 aperture, 2MP portrait lens, f/2.4 aperture.
- Front-facing camera: 8MP, f/2.0 aperture.
- Battery: 6,000mAh, 35W fast charging.
- Dimensions And Weight: 166.7×76.5×8.24mm; 199 grams.
- Connectivity: dual-SIM card slot, 5G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v5.1, OTG support, a 3.5mm audio jack, USB Type-C port.
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, stereo speaker.
- Software: Android 13 with MagicOS 7.2.