Want to block or blacklist a number that is annoying you like hell? We all know how irritating it can get to get spam calls from different numbers. These days almost everyone is spammed with calls from loans offers, marketing spams, and more, making it difficult to focus on your work. This also makes it difficult to identify between a genuine call or a spammed call. Well, both Android and iOS gives you an option to simply blacklist these numbers with ease. So, if you are looking for a way to block it, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we are going to tell you the detailed steps on how to block a number on Android and iPhones. But what if you unblocked a contact by mistake. Well, don’t worry we got you covered. Here’s how you can easily unblock a number on an Android or iOS device. So, let’s begin.
How to Block or Blacklist a Contact Number on Android?
You can easily block a number on Android without using any third-party application like Truecaller or more. The process is fairly simple and you need to follow these steps:
- Open the Phone application on your Android smartphone.
- Now, go to the number which you want to blacklist.
- Go to the contacts section and search for the number you want to block. You can also look for the number in the Recent section. Once you find the number, click on the profile.
- Then you need to click on the three dots at the top-right corner.
- There you will see an option to Block numbers. Tap on it and you will see a pop-up that you will not receive a call or message from that number.
- Now, simply tap on Block to easily blacklist the number on your Android smartphone.
How to Unblock a Contact Number on Android?
Android also gives an option to unblock the number, which you have blocked using the above-mentioned steps. Here’s how you can unblock a certain number after it is blacklisted on Android:
- Open the Contacts application on your Android smartphone.
- Now, click on the three-dot menu at the top-right corner, right next to the search bar.
- Tap on the Settings menu. Now, in the General section, you will find the Blocked numbers option. Tap on it.
- You will see a list of numbers that have been blocked by you. Tap on the ‘X’ sign next to the number. You will see a pop-up message telling you to confirm your action.
- Tap on Unblock option to easily unblock the mobile number on your Android smartphone.
How to Block or Blacklist a Contact on iPhone?
iOS is known for its privacy and security features and once such is the ability to block a contact from calling you or sending you text messages. In order to do that, follow these steps:
- Go to the Phone application on your iPhone.
- Now, simply search for the contact from your list or the number from your call log that you want to block.
- Tap on the number or contact and scroll down at the bottom.
- There, you will see an option to ‘Block this Caller’. Tap on it and you will a pop-up notification confirming your action. Tap again on Block Contact to block it on your iPhone.
How to Unblock a Contact or Number on iPhone?
iPhone users can also unblock a number real quick from the Settings. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open the Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Go to the Phone section and scroll down to the bottom. There you will see an option of Block Contacts. Tap on it.
- You will see the list of numbers that you have blocked.
- Now simply swipe from right to left to see the option to Unblock. Tap on it and the contact number will be unblocked on your iPhone.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page