We all know that in order to get a new mobile number, you need to give your Aadhaar card details. The government has also made it mandatory to link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card.
But, do you know how many mobile numbers are associated with your Aadhaar number? Well, now you will be able to know it as the Department of Telecommunication (DoT) has introduced a new web portal for it. The website will enable users to check all the phones linked to their Aadhaar numbers. But how do you find it out? To make things easier for you, we have come up with a step-by-step guide through which you can easily check the list of mobile numbers registered with your Aadhaar card.
How to Check All SIM Cards Registered on Your Aadhaar Card via Sanchar Saathi Website
The DoT has introduced a new website known as Sanchar Saathi which is a one-stop solution for finding out the mobile numbers registered with your Aadhaar card. The website can be accessed anywhere from India and helps to check the SIM cards registered on your Aadhaar card. Here’s how:
- Go to the Sanchar Saathi website and then scroll down to click on Go to Citizen Centric Services section.
- Click on Know Your Mobile Connections option and you will be redirected to the login page.
- Enter your mobile number in the dialogue box and enter the captcha code.
- Enter the OTP in the box and click on Submit.
- With this, you will be able to see all the numbers that have been linked to your Aadhaar card.
How to Report If Any Mobile Number in the List is No Longer Required or Not Your Number
If you found anomalies in the list, you can always report them on the same website. The portal gives you the option to report if any of the mobile numbers present in the list is no longer required or if it is not your number. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Sanchar Saathi website and then scroll down to click on Go to Citizen Centric Services section. There you will find the option of ‘Know Your Mobile Connections’.
- Click on the section. Alternatively, you can click on this link.
- Enter the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar Card and enter the captcha code. You will then receive the OTP on your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP code.
- Once you are logged in, you will see the list of numbers. There will be three options given beneath each number including ‘This is not my number’, ‘Not required’, and ‘Required’.
- If a mobile number is not yours you can click on This is not my number. If the number is no longer required then you can click on ‘not required’.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to report the mobile number from the list.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Many Mobile Numbers Can Subscribers Hold in Their Name?
Is the website available across the country to check mobile numbers linked with Aadhaar cards?
Yes, the service is available across the country. Anyone can check for the mobile number registered with the Aadhaar card by using this website.