Indian Overseas Bank is also popularly known as IOB in India, This is one of the most popular nationalized banks as well. The bank was started in the 1930s and as of 2022, the bank has over 3,200 domestic branches and about 4 foreign branches and a representative office. During the nationalization, IOB was one of the 14 major banks taken over by the government of India.
The bank offers a whole bunch of services both online and offline at the branch. The bank allows you to check your bank balance, get mini statements, pay bills, and check passbook all using its call, SMS, and app services. In this guide, we will take a look at how one can check the Indian Overseas Bank account balance using missed call service, SMS, toll-free, internet banking, mobile banking, and ATM machines.
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via Missed Call Banking Service
One of the simplest ways to check the bank balance of any bank account is by using the missed call service provided by the bank. Like most of the banks in India, IoB bank also offers this missed call service. Here is the number to check the IOBbalance.
Dial 04442220004 from your phone and the call will automatically end after a couple of rings, you will get an SMS instantly from the bank with your bank balance.
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via Internet Banking
- Visit the IOB Net banking website
- Enter login ID and password
- Enter the captcha
- Click on Login
- Select the “Balance Enquire” option
- Under Account Balance, your account balance will be displayed
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via Mobile Application
- Download and install IndOASIS – Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking application on Android or iOS
- Complete the registration process on the app with your mobile number, MPIN, and password or just sign in if you have already registered
- Once the app is opened, Tap on “My Accounts”
- Under the Accounts tab, your account balance will be displayed
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via SMS
To check your account balance, here are the steps you can follow.
- Send SMS to 84240 22122
- Type BAL <space> last 4 digit Account Number and hit the send button
- You will get an SMS instantly from the bank with your remaining balance
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank Balance via Toll-Free Number
From your registered mobile number, you can dial 04442220004 and get your account balance.
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via Debit Card using ATM Machine
This is an offline method to check the Indian Overseas Bank account balance by visiting the nearest ATM. This is in case you are not able to get the balance via phone or internet banking. Here is how to check the IOB balance using an ATM card.
- Insert your Indian Overseas Bank ATM card into the machine
- Enter your ATM pin
- Select the “Balance Enquiry” option
- Check the balance and complete the transaction
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via UPI App
You can also check your Indian Overseas Bank balance using different UPI apps. Google Pay, Paytm, BHIM, Phonepe and more allow you to check the balance of your Indian Overseas Bank account. In this article, we are going to use Google Pay as an example and how you can check the balance of your Indian Bank using the app. Here’s how you can do it:
- Download and Install Google Pay application on your Android or iOS device
- Follow the on-screen instruction to sign up for the service and to create a UPI PIN
- Once done, you can simply open the Profile section of the application
- Now click on Payment Methods and then select the Indian Overseas Bank account, the app will fetch your account details and you can proceed with it.
- You can tap on Profile photo on the top right of the home screen, select “Bank account” and then tap on Indian Overseas Bank
- Tap on the IOB and select “Check bank balance” and enter the UPI PIN to check the balance of your Indian Overseas Bank
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page