It looks like Instagram is getting quite active in terms of adding new features and fixing issues in its app. A couple of days ago, it was also found out that Instagram is planning to introduce a subscription service for exclusive content. Today, the app owned by Meta (If you’re looking for Meta memes, go here) has announced that it has started testing the ability for people to add music to the posts they share on their feed. An official statement from Instagram said, ‘Music plays an instrumental role in enabling people to share, connect and express themselves on Instagram. With this test, Instagram hopes to give its community a way to add a soundtrack to their Feed photos, like they can with Reels and Stories already.’
As this new feature is out for a test, users from selected regions will be able to add music to their posts, apart from reels. Using the feature is also quite easy. Here’s how to try it if the feature is available to you.
- Proceed to upload a photo on the feed, as you always do.
- Select a photo.
- While in the composer, add a caption, tag people or add a location if needed.
- Below the option to add a location, you will find an ‘Add Music’ option.
- Tap it, and it will take you to a search where you can look for specific songs by searching or browsing the trending music or songs suggested for you.
- Select a song and select clip duration.
- You can also adjust which part of the song is played.
- Once you’ve done all these, tap ‘Done’ and share your post.
This feature is being tested with a small percentage of Instagram users, and the test is live in three countries, including India. The other two countries where Instagram is testing this feature are Brazil and Turkey. As per the official statement from Instagram, the feature may be expanded to other regions and countries based on the users’ feedback. Last month, IGTV was merged with feed videos.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page