- The iQOO 12 India launch will take place on December 12.
- The device will be available for purchase in India via Amazon.
- The smartphone is confirmed to feature a Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC.
The iQOO 12 India launch date has been announced by iQOO CEO Nipun Marya today. As per the poster image shared by the CEO, the iQOO 12 will launch in India on December 12. This upcoming smartphone from iQOO will arrive as a successor to the iQOO 11. The iQOO 12 will be powered by Qualcomm’s recently announced Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC as confirmed by iQOO CEO Nipun Marya a few days back. The device will first go official in China on November 7.
iQOO 12 Will Be Powered By Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC
The iQOO 12 will go on sale in India via Amazon. The teaser image shared by the company discloses the rear-facing bigger camera module. The rear camera design does match with the leaked renders of the device. As far as the specifications of the iQOO 12 go, it is expected to feature a 6.7-inch AMOLED display with a 1.5K resolution and a 144Hz refresh rate.
The device will pack up to 16GB of RAM as revealed by the Geekbench test result yesterday. The smartphone is expected to launch in 256GB and 512GB storage configurations. The handset will be running Android 14 out of the box with the company’s Funtouch OS 14 skin on top in India. As for the imaging purpose, the device is expected to feature a triple-camera setup. The camera module might include a 50MP OmniVision OV50H primary sensor with OIS support, a 50MP Samsung JN1 ultrawide lens, and a 64MP telephoto lens.
The device is rumoured to pack a 5,000mAh battery. The handset will be offering up to 120W fast charging support as revealed by the 3C certification yesterday. The device is also confirmed to feature a Q1 e-sports chip which will be enhancing the gaming experience on the handset. The smartphone is expected to launch in China in the Black, Red, and White colour options.
We shall get to learn more details about the device once it launches on November 7 in China.
iQOO 12 Specifications (Expected)
- Display: 6.78-inch AMOLED display, 1.5K resolution, 144Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC.
- RAM And Storage: 12GB/16GB of RAM, 256GB/512GB of internal storage.
- Rear-facing camera: 50MP primary camera, OIS, 50MP ultra-wide lens, 64MP telephoto sensor.
- Software: Android 14 with Funtouch OS 14.
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 120W fast charging support.
- Colours: White, Black, Red.