- The iQOO Neo 7 Pro Indian variant was recently spotted on the Geekbench database.
- The handset could feature a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC under the hood.
- It might offer a 1.5K OLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate.
iQOO, a couple of months ago, launched the iQOO Neo 7 smartphone in the Indian market. The company is gearing up to launch yet another Neo series smartphone in the country. Even though iQOO hasn’t specifically mentioned the moniker of the upcoming device, various leaks and rumours suggest that it will be the iQOO Neo 7 Pro.
In the latest development, tipster Paras Guglani has claimed that the upcoming Neo series smartphone will be the iQOO Neo 7 Pro and it will launch on June 20 in the country. Alongside the launch date, Paras has also dropped possible India pricing of the iQOO Neo 7 Pro. Take a closer look at the details.
Can confirm that iQOO Neo 7 Pro will be launched with high end 16GB Variant along with 256GB Storage, Only in black and will fall in 38-42K price segment!
— Paras Guglani (@passionategeekz) June 1, 2023
Tipster Paras Guglani took to Twitter to share information about the upcoming iQOO Neo series smartphone. The tipster says that the iQOO Neo 7 Pro will be launched in only the black colour variant in the country. He further said that the company will bring the handset in a 16GB + 256GB configuration option in India.
Apart from it, Paras claims that the iQOO Neo 7 Pro price in India will be between Rs 38,000 to Rs 42,000. It is not clear if this will be the pricing for the base variant or the 16GB + 256GB configuration variant. The iQOO Neo 7 Pro Indian variant (with model number I2217) was recently spotted on the Geekbench benchmark database with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor and 8GB of RAM.
Another leak, that surfaced on the web yesterday, suggests that the iQOO Neo 7 Pro Indian variant will be a rebadged iQOO Neo 8 from the Chinese market. To those unaware, the iQOO Neo 8 and the iQOO Neo 8 Pro were launched last week in China. The iQOO Neo 8 and Neo 8 Pro are powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 and MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ processors respectively. Let us take a quick recap of the iQOO Neo 8 Chinese variant (rumoured to launch as Neo 7 Pro in India) specifications and features.
iQOO Neo 8 (Chinese Variant): Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.78-inch AMOLED Display, 1.5K (2800 × 1260 pixel) resolution, 144Hz refresh rate, 1300 nits peak brightness, 80,00,000:1 contrast ratio, 20:9 aspect ratio, HDR10+
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 with Adreno 730 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 12GB/16GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: Android 13
- Camera: 50MP camera Samsung ISOCELL GN5 sensor with f/1.88 aperture and OIS, 2MP depth sensor, LED flash, and V1+ chip
- Front Camera: 16MP front camera
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAH battery, 120W FlashCharge fast charging, USB 2.0 Type-C port
- Dimension: 164.72 × 77.0 × 8.53 mm
- Weight: 194.6 grams
- Audio: Stereo Speaker, Type-C output port
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 5G, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou
- Others: In-display Fingerprint Scanner
- Colours: Orange, Blue, Black