- itel has confirmed the launch of the itel P55 5G smartphone in India.
- The smartphone will be priced under Rs 10,000.
- The upcoming itel smartphone will be the first to bring 5G connectivity under Rs 10,000.
itel has started teasing the launch of multiple upcoming smartphones in India. The company recently teased the launch of the itel S23+ smartphone in India. The upcoming itel S23+ smartphone will be the first device to feature a curved AMOLED panel under Rs 15,000. The Chinese brand also teased the launch of itel P55 5G smartphone.
A recent report revealed that the upcoming P55 5G smartphone will be the first 5G smartphone under Rs 10,000. The report also revealed the launch timeline of the upcoming budget itel smartphone. The micro-site of the device is already live on Amazon, confirming Amazon availability. Popular tipster Mukul Sharma has revealed the launch date and chipset details of the upcoming device.
The previous report confirmed that itel would launch the P55 5G smartphone in India by the end of September. Mukul Sharma reveals that the device will be launched on September 26. itel is expected to officially announce the smartphone’s launch date in the upcoming days. Mukul adds that the sub-Rs 10,000 smartphone will be equipped with MediaTek Dimensity 6080 SoC.
The chipset is built on a 6nm process and features two Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.4GHz, six Cortex-A55 at 2.0GHz, and a Mali-G57 MP2 GPU. The smartphone will run on itelOS 13 based on Android 13 out of the box. The teasers revealed through the Amazon listing of the smartphone reveal that the device will feature dual rear cameras.
The rear cameras will have a separate camera module with an integrated LED flash above the secondary sensor and 5G branding. The teaser also confirms that itel will equip the device with rounded corners. The power button and volume rockers can be seen on the right side of the smartphone.
Other specifications of the upcoming itel P55 5G smartphone are currently unknown. The P55 5G smartphone is expected to debut as a successor to the itel P40+ smartphone. itel equipped the smartphone with a 6.8-inch IPS display with an HD+ resolution.
The device features a waterdrop notch and a refresh rate of 90Hz. The smartphone has a Unisoc T606 chipset paired with up to 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. We also have access to the specifications of the forthcoming itel S23+ smartphone, which will debut with a sub-Rs 15,000 pricing in India.
itel S23+ Specifications
- Display: 6.78-inch 3D curved AMOLED display, FHD+ 72, centered punch-hole cut-out, a peak brightness of 500 nits, DCI-P3 colour gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Unisoc T616 SoC, Mali G57 MP1 GPU
- RAM and Storage: Up to 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 25GB UFS 2.0 internal storage, 8GB Virtual RAM, microSD card slot
- Software: itelOS 13 based on Android 13
- Rear Cameras: 50MP primary camera, f/1.6 aperture, LED Flash, secondary AI camera, Eye Tracking feature
- Front Camera: 32MP selfie camera
- Other Features: Dynamic Island-like Dynamic Bar, Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh, 18W charging
- Colours: Lake Cyan, Elemental Blue