- itel has confirmed the launch of the itel S23+ smartphone in India.
- The upcoming smartphone will be priced under Rs 15,000.
- The upcoming itel device will be the first to sport a curved AMOLED panel under Rs 15,000.
itel has officially started teasing the launch of the itel P55 5G smartphone. The upcoming 5G smartphone is reportedly the first 5G smartphone under Rs 10,000. The upcoming budget 5G smartphone will be exclusively sold through Amazon in India. itel has started teasing the launch of another itel device, which will be launched under the itel S23+ moniker.
The forthcoming itel S23+ smartphone was recently launched in the Ethiopian market in the past week. The Chinese OEM later launched the smartphone in the European market. The upcoming smartphone is the second device to launch in itel S23 series debuted in June 2023 in India. itel has shared a press release regarding the forthcoming launch, revealing the price range and key specifications of the upcoming itel smartphone.
itel S23+ Price Range and Specifications
itel confirms that the upcoming smartphone will feature a 3D curved AMOLED display. The upcoming S23+ smartphone will be the first smartphone in India to sport a curved AMOLED display under Rs 15,000. The company adds that they’ve already disrupted the sub-Rs 10,000 and wants to focus on sub-Rs 15,000.
itel divulges that the upcoming smartphone will feature a 6.78-inch panel with Full HD+ resolution. The smartphone will have a bold design, which is never seen in any smartphones in the sub-Rs 15,000 segment. The company boasts that the upcoming itel smartphone will feature powerful optics to cater for the needs of the masses.
itel adds that the company aims to improve the technology of every Indian by providing more value for what they pay. However, the press release shared by the company doesn’t reveal any information regarding the launch date. A report from 91Mobiles Hindi claims that itel will launch the smartphone in India by the end of September.
We have access to the specifications of the upcoming smartphone since it is already official in various countries. The smartphone features a centered punch-hole cut-out to house the selfie camera instead of a waterdrop notch found on the vanilla itel S23 smartphone. itel equips the smartphone with a Dynamic Island-inspired dynamic bar, which will be activated in future updates. itel launched the smartphone at USD 120 (approx. Rs 9,992).
- Display: 6.78-inch 3D curved AMOLED display, FHD+ 72, centered punch-hole cut-out, a peak brightness of 500 nits, DCI-P3 colour gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Chipset: Unisoc T616 SoC, Mali G57 MP1 GPU
- RAM and Storage: Up to 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 25GB UFS 2.0 internal storage, 8GB Virtual RAM, microSD card slot
- Software: itelOS 13 based on Android 13
- Rear Cameras: 50MP primary camera, f/1.6 aperture, LED Flash, secondary AI camera, Eye Tracking feature
- Front Camera: 32MP selfie camera
- Other Features: Dynamic Island-like Dynamic Bar, Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5000mAh, 18W charging
- Colours: Lake Cyan, Elemental Blue