Jio turns 7 today! Reliance’s Mukesh Ambani announced the top telecom brand in India seven years ago on September 5, 2016. To mark its 7th anniversary, the company has announced extra data and special benefits on a select few prepaid plans in India. These benefits will be available to all Jio prepaid users in the country for a limited period. Let’s take a look at all the details of the Jio 7th Anniversary prepaid offer.
Jio 7th Anniversary Prepaid Offer Announced: Here Are All Details
— Reliance Jio (@reliancejio) September 5, 2023
Jio is celebrating its 7th anniversary in India by offering extra data and benefits with three popular prepaid recharge plans. These benefits can be availed by recharging with eligible plans between September 5 and September 30.
These plans include Rs 299, Rs 749, and Rs 2,999 packs. These plans offer 28 days, 90 days, and 365 days of validity. Users get unlimited voice calls and 100 SMS daily with these plans. Users also get free subscriptions to JioTV, JioCinema, and JioCloud.
As part of the anniversary offer, users opting for Rs 299 will get a 7GB extra data voucher, whereas the Rs 749 recharge will get you two 7GB extra data vouchers. Those recharging with the Rs 2,999 plan will get three 7GB extra data vouchers and other benefits listed in the table below. The extra data vouchers and benefits will be added to users’ MyJio app and will need to be redeemed.
|Jio Prepaid Plan||Benefits||7th Anniversary Offer|
|Rs 299||28 days validity, unlimited voice calls, 100 SMS||7GB extra data voucher|
|Rs 749||90 days validity, unlimited voice calls, 100 SMS/day||14GB (7GB x 2) extra data voucher|
|Rs 2,999||365 days validity, unlimited voice calls, 100 SMS/day||21GB (7GB x 3) extra data voucher, Rs 200 off on AJIO, 20% off (up to Rs 800) on Netdmeds, Rs 100 off on Swiggy, Complimentary McDonalds meal on order above Rs 149, 10% off on Reliance Digital, up to Rs 1,500 off and 15% off (up to Rs 4,000) on Yatra.|
Reliance Jio’s 7-Year Journey in India
Jio is a market disruptor in the true sense and a leading telecom operator with a 450 million subscriber base as of August 2023. The company accounts for 55% of all data traffic in India and is also credited with building the world’s most affordable 4G phone – JioPhone. Below are some of the firsts introduced by the Mukesh Ambani-led telco.
- Jio was the first telco to offer free unlimited voice calling in India.
- It was also the first telecom operator to introduce free roaming.
- Jio is the first network to provide VoLTE in India.
- Jio is also credited for introducing Wi-Fi calling in the country.
- Jio launched the first 4G feature phone – JioPhone.
- It’s the first telecom operator to introduce self self-care app called MyJio.
- Jio is the first to introduce a standalone 5G network with no dependencies on the 4G network.
- It’s also the first network to locally develop and deploy a fully cloud-native, software-defined, and digitally managed end-to-end 5G stack.