Reliance Jio is one of the best telecom operators in the country right now. The company offers a range of service including postpaid, prepaid, broadband, and more across the country. The telecom operator is also one of the few that offers to add caller tunes for free on every Reliance Jio number. Furthermore, with the launch of the JioSaavn application, the process of adding a caller tune is fairly simple. Customers can select a wide range of caller tunes across different genres including Bollywood, Regional, International, and more. Moreover, the company also gives an option to switch between different tunes at no additional cost. Apart from this, you can also copy the caller tune from other users, which make it even more convenient. In this article, we are going to tell you different ways to activate and deactivate JioTune using the app, JioSaavn application, SMS, and more.
How to Set Jio Caller Tune Using JioSaavn App
JioSaavn music streaming application also allows users to turn their favourite music into caller tunes. The music application is available for both Android and iOS platforms. Here’s how you can set JioTunes using the music application
The process of setting JioTunes from the JioSaavn application is fairly simple and you can follow these steps:
- Download and Install the JioSaavn application from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Log in to your JioSaavn account and search for your favourite song on the application.
- Tap that song and you will an option to Set the Jio Tune button just below the album art and song title.
- You will get an SMS message once the JioTune has been activated. The message will also contain the details to deactivate the JioTune as well.
- There will be a pop-up screen where you can preview your caller tune.
Once done, you can tap on the Set JioTune button to set the selected song as your caller tune.
How to Set Jio Tunes Using MyJio App
MyJio application allows customers to set a JioTune on their mobile number with ease. The application is available for download from both Android and iOS platforms.
Users can follow these steps in order to set a JioTune for their number:
- Download and install the MyJio application from Google Play Store or Apple App Store/
- Log into the application and then click on the Hamburger menu on the top-left.
- Select JioTues options and then tap the Songs tab.
- Search for your favourite JioTune or pick one from the listed songs. One can choose the caller tune from a variety of genres.
- Tap the play button placed below the album art to listen to the preview.
Once you are satisfied with the tune, just tap on Set as Jiotune to select the tune. You will get a confirmation screen and SMS on activation.
How to Remove JioTune via MyJio app
The company also gives an option to remove the JioTune using the application as well: One can follow these steps:
- Open the MyJio app and select the JioTunes option from the menu
- On the My Subscriptions page, tap on ‘Deactivate JioTune’ at bottom of the screen to deactivate the JioTunes.
- Tap on ‘Yes’ to confirm the deactivation of the JioTunes you selected.
How to Set JioTunes Through SMS
The telecom operator also allows users to select JioTunes by simply sending SMS messages. Here’s how you can set or remove JioTunes using the SMS facility.
Users can follow these steps to select JioTunes by simply sending SMS messages:
- Open the Message app and send JT to 56789.
- You will get a message with the instructions to set the JioTunes.
- One can search for a particular movie by replying to the SMS with MOVIE followed by the movie name. One can also search for a particular album by replying with ‘ALBUM’ followed by the album name. Lastly, one can search songs of a singer by replying with ‘SINGER’ followed by the singer name.
- Find your favourite music through the list available in the message. You will be given an option to chooser the caller tune for all callers or a special number.
- Once you have selected the caller tune, you need to give consent by replying to the same message with ‘Y’. Once done, the JioTune will be activated within 30 minutes.
How to Remove JioTunes by SMS
The company also allows you to deactivate the service by sending an SMS. Follow these steps:
- Open the messaging app on your smartphone
- Type ‘STOP’ and send it to 56789
- Reply with ‘1’ to confirm the deactivation
- Once done, you will get a confirmation saying that the JioTunes have been deactivated.
How to Set JioTunes using Star Button
Reliance Jio also offers a way to copy the caller tune from other Jio numbers. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Call the Jio number of which you want to copy the caller tune
- Press * (star) before the call is answered
- You will receive an SMS to confirm your consent
- You need to reply to this SMS with ‘Y’ within 30 minutes to choose the JioTune for your Reliance Jio number.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the Caller Tune in Jio free?
Yes, JioTunes is available for free for both Jio prepaid and postpaid customers. However, it is important to note that you can change the JioTune up to 3 times in a month for free using the MyJio application. If you are using the JioSavan application, then you can only change the JioTune once per month.
How can I search for songs to set as my JioTune?
There are different ways through which you can choose a song as your JioTune. One can use the MyJio application and go to JioTunes section to search for the song of your choice.
When my call gets into waiting, can the caller hear my JioTunes?
No, if your call is in waiting, the caller will hear the default call waiting message.
Is JioTunes service supported on all handsets?
Yes, JioTune is supported with all the handsets, including both smartphones and the company’s own JioPhone feature phone.