Reliance Jio TV application is probably the one-stop for all your entertainment needs. The streaming application from the company provides you with a plethora of Live TV channels, which has partially removed the need to buy a DTH connection. The best thing about the app is that it is absolutely free for Reliance Jio customers. However, the only downside of this app is that it only works on Android smartphones or tablets along with the Jio set-up box. That being said, the company has not released a dedicated application for Smart TVs or for PC and laptops. But that does not mean that you cannot watch all the content of Jio TV on your TV or laptop. In this article, we are going to provide a step-by-step guide on how to download and install the Jio TV application on your Smart TV and PC and watch all the Live TV channels for free.
How to Download and Install the JioTV App on a Smart TV
For those who are not aware, the Reliance Jio TV application is not available on Android TV. However, this does not mean that you cannot run the application on your Smart TV. We have figured out a workaround through which you can easily stream all the content of Jio TV on your Smart TV. All you need to do is follow these instructions:
- Go to your Play Store on Android TV and search for the Kodi application.
- Download and install the application on your Smart TV.
- Now, open the application and go to Settings. There you need to go File Manager and need to click on Add Source.
- In the Add Source option, you need to type https://kodi.botallen.com as a path and name it as BotAllen.
- Once done, you then need to go to Add-ons in the Settings menu and click on Install from Zip File.
- There you need to select BotAllen and then click on repository.botallen zip file.
- Once it is done, you need to go to Add-ons and click on Install from the repository. Select BotAllen Repository and click on Video Add-ons and then go to JioTV.
- The repository will install the application in the Kodi app. Once it is done, you will see an option of Configure when you launch JioTV in Kodi app.
- There you need to go on Configure and then go to PVR Client. Download the client from the list.
- Once done, you then need to go on the Login option in Configure and select keyboard and then OTP. Now, simply enter the Jio mobile number and OTP, which will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- You can now simply open the application and start watching Live TV on your Smart TV with Jio TV application.
How to Download and Install JioTV App on PC or Laptop
That being said, there is also no dedicated application to run JioTV on your desktop or PC. In order to do that, you need to first download an Android Emulator and only then you can use the application. In this article, we are going to tell you about Bluestacks. Here’s how you can download and view the JioTV application on your Windows 10-powered laptop or PC:
- Go to bluestacks.com and download the Android emulator. Alternatively, you can click on this link.
- Now download and install the emulator on your PC. Once done, you need to sign up using your Google account.
- Just go to Google Play Store and search for the JioTV application.
- Download and install the application on Bluestacks and open it. Just enter the Jio mobile number along with the OTP to start using the app right on your Windows 10 PC or laptop.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page