- Microsoft has announced an all-new Xbox Mastercard in partnership with Barclays US Consumer Bank.
- The new credit card for Xbox is only available to US Xbox Insider Program members at launch.
- Xbox Mastercard holders can earn reward points for every purchase they made with the card.
Microsoft’s Xbox is making new waves in the gaming industry and it continues to be the arch rival for PlayStation. On September 11, Microsoft announced that it is partnering up with Barclays to build a brand-new Xbox Mastercard, Xbox’s first-ever co-branded credit card in the United States. This card will be available only to Xbox Insiders in the continental United States, Alaska, and Hawaii beginning September 21.
Barclays is a multinational bank and is a leading cobranded credit card issuer in the United States. Xbox is tying up with Barclays US Consumer Bank to publish a gamer credit card that gives ample offers upon purchases at xbox.com. According to its official press note, each Xbox Mastercard holder can earn card points for every $1 that they spend on purchases.
Xbox MasterCard, a New Gamer Credit Card Set to Release Later This Month
The Xbox Mastercard, issued by Barclays US Consumer Bank, will be accessible on September 21 exclusively to eligible Xbox Insiders across all 50 states, with full public availability in the United States expected in 2024. The Xbox Mastercard will be made accessible to Xbox Insiders in phases throughout the fall season.
Xbox Mastercard comes with no annual fee and a rewards system that guarantees one point for every dollar spent. A few categories qualify for higher rewards:
- Xbox & Microsoft – Players will get 5x card points on eligible products at the Microsoft Store.
- Streaming Services – Get 3x card points on eligible streaming services like Netflix and Disney+.
- Dining Delivery Services – Get 3x card points on eligible dining delivery services like Grubhub and DoorDash.
- Everyday purchases – Get 1 card point on all other everyday purchases.
All the earned reward points are redeemable on xbox.com only and these points are earned independently of the Microsoft Rewards program.
The cardholders will also get several other benefits including an initial sign-up bonus of 5,000 points ($50 value) and three months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for new Game Pass members after the first purchase. If the player already has a Game Pass subscription, they can gift one to their friend. The card also comes in five various styles, and cardholders may customise it with their own Gamertags.
According to the company, it will accept contactless payments and digital wallets, and customers will have free access to their FICO credit score. According to the terms and conditions of the Xbox Mastercard, the APR can be 20.99%, 26.99%, or 31.99%, depending on the results of a credit pull.
The launch of Xbox Mastercard sets a new milestone in Mastercard and Microsoft’s established partnership, which is rooted in innovating safe, secure, and seamless commerce experiences through the use of digital technologies.
MSP Gaming is the gaming arm of MySmartPrice. We are a one-stop destination for everything gaming. Join our community for regular tournaments and stay updated about the gaming ecosystem – https://bit.ly/msp_gaming_community