Xiaomi appears to have been doing an excellent job when it comes to rolling out the latest MIUI 11 stable update as per its proposed roadmap. As it turns out, the MIUI 11 train has stopped at the Redmi Y3/Redmi 7 station as the devices have finally started receiving the latest iteration of the company’s custom skin in India.
Redmi Y3 and Redmi 7 devices start receiving MIUI 11 (stable) in India
As seen in the image, the update weighs in at 648MB. Unlike the other smartphones by the company that have already got the October security patch with the new update, the one for the Redmi Y3 still comes with the August security patch.
It is worth noting that the new build is still based on Android 9 Pie OS.
Furthermore, the Redmi 7 devices have also started receiving the same update. The update size is 1.7GB and comes with build number MIUI v18.104.22.168PFLINXM.
In case you want to update your Redmi Y3/Redmi 7 to the latest version (provided you haven’t received the official notification already), all you need to do is to hit About Phone > System Update and click on Check for updates. From there, if the update has already arrived on your device, you can get the latest MIUI sweetness just by the tap of a button.
MIUI 11 features and changelog
As far as the features of the latest MIUI 11 are concerned, it comes with a big bunch of useful features such as –
- A new system-wide dark mode
- An overall design overhaul in terms of the icons and the User Interface
- A redesigned Mi Calculator app with an option for a pop-up floating interface
- Added dynamic lock screen effects
- Steps tracker
- A revamped Mi File Manager app
- Short Video mode in the camera interface (that helps you record 15 seconds long videos that can be set as video wallpapers)
- Wallpaper carousel that lets users have a personalized lock screen
- A notification light-like experience to the lock screen
- Mi Go feature with an extreme power-saving mode
- New notification sounds inspired by nature
- A new custom skin ‘Milan Pro’ font
- Dynamic font changing feature
Finally, after the Redmi Y3 and the Redmi 7, the MIUI 11 rollout bandwagon for the first batch of the Redmi devices has come to its final destination. The second batch will begin getting the update starting from November 4 till November 12.
The second batch of Xiaomi devices set to receive MIUI 11
The second batch of the Xiaomi devices which will get the MIUI 11 consists of the following devices –
What are your thoughts on the MIUI 11 update for the Redmi 7 and the Redmi Y3? Have you received it on your device yet? Do let us know in the comments section down below.