- Moto Edge 40 Neo made its global debut last week.
- The smartphone is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 7030 processor.
- It features a 144Hz pOLED display and a 50MP rear camera with OIS.
Motorola, last week, introduced a new Edge 40 series smartphone – the Moto Edge 40 Neo. The Moto Edge 40 Neo is launching on September 21 in the Indian market. A couple of days before the official debut, tipster Abhishek Yadav claims that the Moto Edge 40 Neo will be priced at Rs 24999 in the country. If true, the Moto Edge 40 Neo will become the cheapest Edge series smartphone in the Indian market.
To those unaware, the Moto Edge 40 Neo, under the hood, packs a MediaTek Dimensity 7030 processor. The smartphone offers a 10-bit pOLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate and 409ppi pixel density. The latest Edge series smartphone comes pre-loaded with Android 13. Motorola has also promised two Android version upgrades, that are Android 14 and Android 15, for its Edge series smartphone.
The Moto Edge 40 Neo offers a 50MP primary rear camera with OIS support. It gets accompanied by a 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens which supports depth and macro modes. For selfies and video calls, it relies on a 32MP front camera. The latest Edge series handset comes equipped with a 5000mAh battery unit and 68W fast charging support. It offers an in-display fingerprint scanner and is IP68 rated.
Moto Edge 40 Neo: Specifications, Features, and Pricing
- Display: 6.55-inch pOLED display, Full HD+ (2400 × 1080 pixel) resolution, 409ppi pixel density, 144Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 1300nits peak brightness, 10-bit panel
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 7030 (fabricated on 6nm processor), Mali G610 GPU
- Memory and Storage: 8GB/ 12GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB/ 256GB uMCP storage
- Software: Android 13, upgradable to Android 14 and Android 15. 3 years of security updates.
- Cameras: 50MP primary camera with OIS, 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens with macro and depth modes, and LED flash
- Front Camera: 32MP selfie camera
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAh battery, 68W TurboPower fast charging, USB 2.0 Type-C port
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner
- Audio: Stereo speaker with Dolby Atmos audio and Moto Spatial Sound
- Dimensions: 159.6 × 72 × 7.89
- Weight: 172 grams
- Others: IP68 water repellent, Moto Connect, ThinkShield for Mobile
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 5G (15 bands), WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.4, NFC, GPS, Glonass, and Galileo
- Colour Options: Caneel Bay, Soothing Sea, and Black Beauty
The Moto Edge 40 Neo has already launched in global markets and is priced at €399 (approx Rs 35,500) in European markets. Since European pricing of smartphones is usually a bit higher compared to the Indian pricing, the Moto Edge 40 Neo could carry a price tag of Rs 24,999 in the Indian market, as leaked by tipster Abhishek Yadav.
We can expect Motorola to launch the Moto Edge 40 Neo in multiple configurations, and Rs 24,999 should be the pricing of the base variant, which could be 8GB + 128GB.