- Motorola Razr 40 Ultra is a premium foldable phone.
- The Razr 40 is the more foldable phone of the two.
- The Razr 40 Ultra sports the biggest cover display in any foldable phone to date.
Motorola has confirmed the launch of the Razr 40 foldable smartphone series in India. The company recently launched the Razr 40 series in various international markets. It includes two foldable phones currently. There is the Razr 40 Ultra, below which sits the Razr 40. Both smartphones pack some premium hardware. The Razr 40 Ultra currently sports the biggest cover display on any clamshell-style foldable phone available in the market. Motorola has now teased the launch of its foldable phone series in India. Ahead of the launch, tipster Mukul Sharma claims that the top-of-the-line Motorola Razr 40 Ultra will launch in India.
The Razr 40 series is also confirmed to be available for purchase via Amazon soon after the launch. The banner on Amazon India does not reveal the launch date of the Razr 40 just yet. However, we can expect the device to launch later this month in India. Let’s take a look at the Motorola Razr 40 Ultra’s expected price in India, specifications, features and other details ahead of its launch in India.
Motorola Razr 40 Ultra India Launch Confirmed: Expected Price
The Motorola Razr 40 Ultra is likely to launch later this month in India. The exact launch date of the foldable phone is not known yet. Motorola is expected to reveal the launch date of the Razr 40 series in India in the coming days. Meanwhile, the Amazon banner confirms the availability of the foldable phone series on the website.
The Razr 40 Ultra was launched in China at a starting price of CNY 5699 (Rs 66,000) for the base 8GB RAM + 256GB storage configuration. The foldable phone is also available with a 12GB + 512GB storage option for CNY 6,499 (roughly Rs 75,400). The India price of the Razr 40 Ultra could be around Rs 80,000.
The Razr 40, on the other hand, has a starting price of CNY 3,999 (Rs 46,400) in China for the base 8GB + 128GB variant. It is likely to launch in India with a starting price of under Rs 60,000. We are speculating this based on the China pricing of the phone and the local taxes here in India.
Motorola might surprise its customers and launch the Razr 40 Ultra with an aggressive price and undercut the OPPO Find N2 Flip and Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4, both of which are priced under Rs 90,000 in India. The foldable phone was launched in various markets in Infinite Black, Glacier Blue and Viva Magenta colours. We can expect these colours to be available in India as well.
Moving on to the specs, the Razr 40 Ultra sports a tall foldable display and some powerful hardware under the hood. Here’s a quick look at the specifications of the foldable phone:
- Foldable display: 6.9-inch pOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution, 165Hz refresh rate (Razr 40 Ultra) / 144Hz (Razr 40). The screen offers HDR10+ support and claims to offer 1400 nits peak brightness (Razr 40 Ultra).
- Cover display: 3.6-inch pOLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate and up to 1000 nits brightness. The screen is claimed to offer a 100 per cent DCI-P3 colour gamut and have a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 7 protection; a 1.5-inch display on Razr 40)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor with Adreno 730 GPU (Razr 40 Ultra); Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 processor with Adreno 644 GPU (Razr 40)
- RAM/ Storage: 8GB/ 12GB and 256GB/ 512GB
- Battery and fast charging: 3800mAh battery with 33W Fast Charging and 5W Wireless charging. support (Razr 40 Ultra); 4200mAh battery with 30W fast Charging and 8W wireless charging (Razr 40)
- Rear camera: 12MP main camera with an f/1.5 aperture and a 13MP ultra-wide camera with an f/2.2 aperture (Razr 40 Ultra); 64MP main camera and 13MP ultra-wide camera (Razr 40)
- Front camera: 32MP with an f/2.4 aperture.
- Software: Android 13-based MyUX.