- Moto will launch the Edge 40 Neo smartphone soon in the global markets.
- The company has started teasing the smartphone in X (formerly Twitter).
- The upcoming device will be the cheapest in the Edge 40 series.
Update: Moto Romanian has sent invites for a new product launch on September 14. The teaser in the media invite hints that Moto will launch the Edge 40 Neo smartphone.
Earlier story follows…
Moto is on a roll by launching various smartphones in Indian and global markets. The company has started teasing the Motorola Edge 40 Neo smartphone launch for the global markets. The Lenovo-owned brand recently launched Moto G84 5G and Moto G54 5G smartphones in India.
Moto also launched a slightly tweaked version of Moto G54 5G in the Chinese market. MySmartPrice exclusively revealed the 360-degree video of the smartphone, revealing the design and colour options. We also spotted the smartphone in the FCC listing, which reveals the battery capacity and fast charging details.
The teaser shared by Moto asks its fans if they are ready to dive into colours along with the #findyouredge hashtag. The hashtag confirms that Moto is teasing the upcoming Edge 40 Neo smartphone. The teaser video confirms that Moto will equip the smartphone with dual-rear cameras.
The upcoming smartphone is expected to be the cheapest offering in the Edge 40 series. The teaser also confirms that the bottom of the smartphone will be equipped with a speaker grille, USB Type-C port, primary microphone, and SIM card tray. The official teaser shared by Moto doesn’t reveal any other specifications of the upcoming device.
Moto is expected to announce the smartphone for the global markets by the end of September. The 360-degree video we shared with our industry sources confirms that Moto will equip the device with a 50MP primary rear camera with OIS. Moto will launch the Edge 40 Neo smartphone in Black Beauty, Caneel Bay, and Soothing Sea colour options.
The FCC listing confirms a 5000mAh battery with 68W fast charging tech will back the Motorola Edge 40 Neo. The smartphone was previously spotted in the TDRA certification along with the Moto G84 5G smartphone. The certification confirmed the moniker and model number of the upcoming device.
91Mobiles also spotted the smartphone in the GeekBench listing, revealing the upcoming device’s chipset details. Moto will equip the Motorola Edge 40 Neo smartphone with MediaTek Dimensity 1050 SoC. Tipster Sudhanshu Ambhore reveals that the device will be priced at EUR 399 (approx. Rs 35,600) for the 12GB + 256GB variant. The tipster also hinted that Moto might launch the smartphone in India.
Motorola Edge 40 Neo Specifications (Rumoured)
- Display: 6.55-inch 8-bit pOLED display, Full HD+ (2400 × 1080 pixel) resolution, 144Hz refresh rate
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 1050 SoC, Mali G77 GPU
- RAM and Storage: Up to 12GB LPDDR4X RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: My UX is based on Android 13
- Rear Camera: 50MP OIS primary lens, 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens
- Front Camera: 32MP selfie camera
- Battery: 5000mAh battery, 68W TurboPower fast charging
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Nano + eSIM), 5G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou
- Others: IP68 Water and dust resistant, ThinkShield Security, In-Display Fingerprint, Stereo Speaker with Dolby Atmos, USB 2.0 Type-C port
- Colours: Black Beauty, Caneel Bay, Soothing Sea
- Dimensions: 159.6 x 72 x 7.8 mm, 170 grams