- Moto has launched Edge 40 Neo smartphone in the global markets.
- The company will soon launch the smartphone in India.
- A tipster has tipped the price range of the upcoming device.
Moto has been teasing the launch of the Motorola Edge 40 Neo smartphone for the global markets. The Lenovo-owned brand has unveiled the Edge 40 Neo smartphone for the global markets. Previously, MySmartPrice exclusively revealed the 360-degree video of the Edge 40 Neo smartphone and spotted the smartphone in the FCC certification. The Edge 40 Neo is the latest entrance to the Edge 40 series.
The smartphone also secures the cheapest smartphone tag in the Edge 40 series. A recent teaser shared by Moto confirmed that the brand will launch the smartphone soon in India. Yesterday, Moto revealed that the smartphone will be launched on September 21 in India. Popular tipster Yogesh Brar has revealed the launch timeline of the upcoming device ahead of its launch.
Tipster Yogesh Brar reveals that Moto will launch the smartphone with a price tag ranging between Rs 24,000 and Rs 28,000. The base variant of the smartphone with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage is likely to be priced under Rs 25,000. Another tipster, Mukul Sharma, hinted that Moto will launch the smartphone’s base variant with a sub-Rs 25,000 price tag.
Moto launched the smartphone in the global markets for Euro 399 (approx. Rs 35,350) and £299.99 (approx. Rs 30,200) in the UK. The European and UK prices of smartphones are always higher due to the increased taxes in those regions. The Indian prices shared by both tipsters make sense in comparison to the global pricing of the device.
We will learn more about the smartphone’s pricing during its India launch on September 21. The upcoming Edge 40 Neo smartphone is expected to rival Realme 11 Pro series smartphones, iQOO Z7 Pro 5G, and OnePlus Nord CE 3 5G smartphones. The primary advantage of the upcoming Moto smartphone will be the lack of bloatware and IP68 water resistance.
Most manufacturers often skip water resistance ratings to cut down costs. Samsung also equips its mid-range smartphones with water resistance apart from Moto. Other smartphones in the segment offer only splash resistance, which can withstand raindrops and more. We have access to the complete specifications of the smartphone since it has already debuted in the global markets.
Motorola Edge 40 Neo Specifications
- Display: 6.55-inch pOLED display, Full HD+ resolution, 144Hz refresh rate, Center Punch-hole cutout, 87.70% screen-to-body ratio, a peak brightness of 1300 nits, HDR10+ certification, 20:9 aspect ratio, 402 PPI pixel density, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 7030 SoC, Mali-G610 MC1 GPU
- Software: MyUX based on Android 13
- RAM and Storage: Up to 12GB LDDR4X RAM, 256GB uMCP internal storage
- Rear Camera: 50MP primary camera, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, PDAF, Quad Pixel Technology 13MP ultra-wide lens
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.4 aperture, Quad Pixel Technology
- Dimensions and Weight: 159.6 x 72 x 7.89mm, 172g (Vegan Leather), 159.6 x 72 x 7.79mm, 170g
- Battery: 5000mAh battery, 68W TurboPower fast charging
- Colours: PANTONE Soothing Sea, PANTONE Caneel Bay (Vegan leather), PANTONE Black Beauty colour (Glass)
- Other Features: IP68 rating, in-display fingerprint sensor, Stereo speakers and Dolby Atmos, USB 2.0 Type-C port
- Connectivity: dual-SIM card support, 5G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, NFC