- Motorola has announced Moto G Stylus 5G (2023) in the US.
- The smartphone is one of the world’s first to equip Qualcomm Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 SoC.
- The company is likely to launch the device in other markets including India in a later stage.
Motorola recently announced Moto G 5G (2023) and Moto G Stylus 4G (2023) in the US market. These smartphones were the successor to the 2022 Moto G and Moto G Stylus smartphones. The company has launched the Moto G Stylus 5G (2023) with one of the world’s first smartphones with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 SoC. The device has a 6.6-inch 120Hz display and a 5000 mAh battery with support for fast charging. The G Stylus 5G (2023) supports dual 5G SA / NSA, NFC and more.
Moto G Stylus 5G (2023): Price, Availability
Motorola hasn’t revealed the pricing of the base variant with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage. The pricing of the variant with 6GB RAM and 256GB storage is USD 399.99 (approx. Rs 33,100). The company said the locked version can be purchased from Cricket Wireless and will be on sale from June 2.
The device will soon be available in other carriers, including AT&T, T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile, Google Fi Wireless, UScellular, Consumer Cellular, Optimum Mobile, Spectrum Mobile, Xfinity Mobile, Boost, Infinite and Boost Mobile. The unlocked version of the device will be available on sale from June 16 on Motorola, Amazon, and BestBuy.
Moto G Stylus 5G (2023): Features, Specifications
Motorola has equipped the smartphone with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 SoC, built on a flagship 4nm process.
One of the primary advantages of the chipset is the usage of the 7th generation Qualcomm AI Engine which enhances the bokeh effect on photos and optimizes energy consumption and performance. Motorola has also included support for a micro-SD card slot that can expand the storage to 2TB. The device runs on MyUX interface based on Android 13 out of the box.
- Display: 6.6 inches IPS LCD display, Full HD+ resolution, a 120Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 (4 × Cortex A78 at 2.2GHz+ 4 × Cortex A55), Adreno GPU
- Memory and Storage: 4, 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: Android 13, Eligible for 1 OS Upgrades
- Rear Camera: 50MP with f/1.8 and 1.0 µm native pixels, 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture macro option.
- Front Camera: 16MP camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Battery and Charging: 5000mAH battery, 20W fast charging via USB 2.0 Type-C port
- Dimension: 162.83 x 73.77 x 9.19 mm
- Weight: 202 grams
- Connectivity: 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C 2.0 and NFC.
- Audio: Stereo Speaker with Dolby Atmos, 3.5mm jack
- Others: Water-repellent design (P2i coating), ThinkShield Security, Side-mounted Fingerprint
- Colours: Cosmic Black and Rose Champagne
The G Stylus 5G (2023) also comes with a stylus. With this, users can use the stylus for handwriting recognition calculation, a lasso tool for drawing, live messages and optical character recognition.