- The Nokia G42 5G feature a 6.5-inch HD+ display.
- The smartphone comes in Purple and Grey colours.
- The device features a 50MP triple-camera setup and 8MP front-facing camera.
After multiple leaks and rumours, HMD Global has launched the Nokia G42 5G smartphone. This latest offering from Nokia comes with a 6.56-inch display that has a HD+ resolution and a 90Hz refresh rate. The Nokia G42 focuses on repairability, and the device is also HMD’s first user-repairable 5G phone. Additionally, HMD is teaming up with iFixit to bring repair guides and OEM parts such as displays, batteries and charging ports for the G42 for five years. As far as the other features of the device go, it has a 50MP triple-camera setup, 8MP front-facing camera, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor. Let us take a detailed look and the specifications of the Nokia G42 5G ahead:
Nokia G42 5G Pricing, Availability
The Nokia G42 5G comes in Purple and Grey colour options. The Nokia G42 5G 6GB RAM variant with 128GB of internal storage costs $199 (roughly Rs 16,300). There’s also a 4GB RAM variant with 128GB of internal storage. However, HMD Global has not revealed the pricing of the base model. The device will be available for purchase in the US, the UK, and Europe.
Nokia G42 5G Specifications Leaked
The Nokia G42 5G feature a 6.56-inch IPS LCD display that has a 90Hz refresh rate and a HD+ resolution. The smartphone has a punch-hole cutout which accommodates the selfie camera. Under the hood, the Nokia G42 5G is powered by Qualcomm’s octa-core Snapdragon 480+ processor. The device comes with 4GB/6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It also has a microSD card slot for storage expansion up to 1TB.
For the optics purpose, the smartphone has a triple-camera setup. The camera module includes a 50MP primary camera and a pair of 2MP depth and macro camera units. On the front side, the smartphone features an 8MP selfie camera. A 5,000mAh battery is equipped with the handset which supports 20W fast charging. As for the software, the handset boots Android 13 out of the box. The smartphone is promised to receive two OS updates and three years of monthly security updates.
The device also has an IP52 rating, a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, face unlock support, FM radio, and a 3.5mm audio jack. Connectivity-wise, it has several features such as 5G support, Bluetooth v5.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, GPS, and a USB Type-C port.
Nokia G42 5G Specifications, Features
- Display: 6.56-inch IPS LCD display, HD+ resolution, punch-hole cutout, 90Hz refresh rate, 450 nits brightness, 20:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- Processor: Qualcomm’s octa-core Snapdragon 480+ SoC with Adreno 619 GPU.
- RAM And Storage: 4GB/6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable storage with microSD card slot up to 1TB.
- Rear-facing camera: 50MP primary camera, f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth sensor, 2MP macro lens, LED flash.
- Front-facing camera: 8MP.
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IP52 rating.
- Connectivity: dual-SIM card slot, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v5.1, GPS/AGPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo, dual 4G VoLTE, 5G (n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n28, n40, n41 (full), n66, n77, n78), USB Type-C port, a 3.5mm audio jack.
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 20W fast charging support.